• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere always crashes when using enhance speech

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try and use enhance speech, premiere freezes the whole machine and crashes. It seems like it occurs when processing audio clips, though it doesn't happen immediately, nor every time—however, if enhance speech is used on a clip in a project, that project will crash at some point, without fail.

I'm using Premiere 24.3.0 (build 59), but the same behavior occurs in beta build 24.5.

I'm running Sonoma 14.4.1 on 2019 16-inch Macbook Pro. 

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , 4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Thank you for reporting this issue involving Enhance Speech and Macs with Intel chips. This is really frustrating and I'm sorry you're experiencing this. Our engineers are currently researching the problem and we're in touch with Apple about it, too. As a (hopefully very) temporary workaround, you have access to Enhance Speech on the web (via Adobe Podcast: podcast.adobe.com) as a part of your CC subscription. You could enhance the source audio file before importing into Premiere Pro.

Continue

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Crashes everytime. Using the same version of Premiere, and same OS. I've come to just avoid using it, but would be nice if it actually worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  I have an expensive Mac tower so it blows my mind that this computer freezes during voice enhancement.  I have tried troubleshooting, including applying it to a very short audio clip to no avail.  I really want this feature to work!  So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens also, freezes and then crashes my whole machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, It seems only happens on the Intel chip Macbooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same same and I am on an intel 2020 imac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here -- PC  i7  just updated to the latest version and still has the same issue.  Process starts and then crashes the system totally into a reboot. Fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried again after the latest update of Premiere pro and macOS, don't know which one fixed this issue, but it got fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too! Can't believe they have not sorted out this "new" feature to actually be of use.

I tried it when it was first released. I can do a 2/3 sec clip any more than that then its black screen and then pop my computer shuts down. Tried again today and still same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely someone from Adobe can fix this, such a joke! It was working fine for me a couple of weeks ago. But it has started doing this annoying thing where it finshes enhancing the audio, then I will be trying to go on with my work, then it crashes and I will need to reenhance the audio again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crached again!!! The crash won't happen when there's only one audio track being enhanced, however, when I split the enhanced audio to two audio clips, it has to re-enhance them two at the same time, then it got crashed!

Could someone fix this PLS? It's so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me as well, running it on an imac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really gets frustrating. Premiere Pro crashes every few seconds as long as I use audio enhancer. I upgraded my PC two months ago so no, it's not the PC's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Intel i9 2019 MBP - latest Premiere Pro version, latest Mac OS. Crashes every time I try to deploy enhance speech. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havint the same issue. At first I thought is was my Mackbook's capacity... but then figured it must the the voice enhancer. Been working on a 10-minute interview. Had to split audio into pieces to process them one by one. Still crashe though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashes everytime on an even better operating system:

3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

RAM: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

macOS 14.4.1 (23E224)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and not just Premiere Beta, regular Premiere. If it doesn't crash, if I close the project and re-open it, I have to re-enable Enhance Speech. It will not stay on. I tried pre-rendering, doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue this is killing me getting anything done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the latest in a series of bugs that are sabotaging both my computer and my editing career. I have to deliver this project in a half hour, and my computer completely freezes up when I use Enhance Speech. I thought this tool would be a great way to maximize my value as an editor on this project, as it would massively improve the production value for the client. But apparently Adobe has once again released something new and fancy that does not work, and only increases my blood pressure and damages my reputation for delivering on time to clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of the same issue.

when I use this feature My PC lags even more than exporting the project. After it's done it becomes normal but then again when I try to edit the audio the option processes it again and then I can't do anything after the processing is finished.
I can't use that right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. It's wild that Adobe still hasn't fixed this. I don't even see anyone from Adobe in the replies here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue involving Enhance Speech and Macs with Intel chips. This is really frustrating and I'm sorry you're experiencing this. Our engineers are currently researching the problem and we're in touch with Apple about it, too. As a (hopefully very) temporary workaround, you have access to Enhance Speech on the web (via Adobe Podcast: podcast.adobe.com) as a part of your CC subscription. You could enhance the source audio file before importing into Premiere Pro.

Continued thanks for your patience,

David

Product Manager, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference, David, I'm not using a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue involving Intel Chips on Macs and Enhance Speech. This is really frustating to hear and I'm sorry you're experience this. Our engineers are currently researching the problem and are also in touch with Apple about it, too. We hope to have a fix out ASAP. In the meantime, as a hopefully very temporary workaround, as a part of your CC subscription you have access to the web version of Enhace Speech via Adobe Podcast, where you could consider enhancing the source file before importing to Premiere Pro: podcast.adobe.com

Continued thanks for your patience.

David

Product Manager, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zach31621834u5lg what kind of setup do you have? And is it crashing or is Enhance Speech re-rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully crashes the entire program. Running Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10920X CPU @ 3.50GHz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources