• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacing of Effects and Keyboard Shortcuts amongst others are too large in 24.6 Beta

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a comparison between 24.4 and 24.6. Look how at how few effects I can see on the Effects panel in 24.6 now that the spacing has increased massively.

Additionally, there's so much wasted space in the bezels of the window on all sides. But especially the bottom area with the New Custom Bin and Delete Custom Bin buttons. I have used those buttons basically one time to set up some folders of custom effects and never again. This should not take up that much space for a feature that is so rarely used, and even if it was commonly used, is still extremely easy to click with the old thin bezels.

THRILLHO_0-1718251055871.png

We see this again in the list of keyboard shortcuts all now having this huge spacing which makes it so much harder to find things quickly as you'll have to scroll lots.

THRILLHO_1-1718251063837.png

I appreciate most of the other windows have similar spacing to how it's always been done, but please revert these back to compact spacing as it's always been. It's especially frustrating for people still using 1080p screens where space is limited.

And heck, give people the option for compact or comfortable spacing as Gmail does for eg, but don't take away precious space without option!

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tom Fewchuk,

Please post bugs for Beta in the Premiere Pro Beta Bugs forum. I'll move it for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @Kevin-Monahan only realised that forum existed after this. Thanks for doing that, I'll post future ones there.

Have just double posted one, so feel free to delete from the regular Premiere forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep posting your impressions and experience, it would be better if far more users did so.

That said, understand this is one of those issues where other users are seeing it and thinking oh thank HEAVENS I can finally read that stuff! ... yea, we all work and see the UI very differently.

Which is why your suggestion to allow for an option for tight or spaced out panel text is a really good idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you're liking my feedback @R Neil Haugen , and yes more users need to!

That is true that other users are seeing the opposite, but yeah I think Adobe just needs to give people more options to set up their editing experience the way they like. Although they do give a lot of customisation, there could always be more, and be done in such a way that doesn't appear clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources