• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical scroll bar missing in Program Monitor

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertical scroller on project video frame is missing in the editing workspace. I noticed this last Thursday and it hasn't come back. I reset my workspace and looked in preference and checked on Windows and scrolling bars are on in settings. Please bring back. I can't zoom in and scroll to a specific location for editing.

[title edited by mod]

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - please bring back the scroll bars....it's easier to use in some applications....thank you!  Another user said to use the hand tool or middle mouse button now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to a new change, as the Program Panel works differently now, with the mouse pan and zoom feature they just added.  So no more scroll bars, instead you pan around the image by holding down the middle mouse button, or using the 'Hand Tool' (press H) if you have a trackpad.  I kind of like saving the space the scrollbars used to consume, but it probably is less intuitive to new users.  Here is the detailed description of what thy added, including pinch zoom for touchpads:

Details of this feature’s use include:

• When using mouse scroll wheels, magic mouse scrolling, and tablet scrolling, zooming is anchored to the centre of the monitor view. For these devices, holding Opt/Alt + Scroll lets you zoom into the pointer’s position onscreen, so you can zoom directly into any detail you choose.
  • When using trackpad pinch, zooming is anchored to the cursor. In this case, holding Opt/Alt + pinch lets you zoom while keeping the image centred to the monitor view.
  • Holding the Shift key while zooming with a mouse scroll wheel, trackpad, and wacom pen accelerates zoom so you can get where you need to be faster.
  • Panning is also supported using Mouse Button 3, aka the scroll/middle button.
  • At this time, no panning is available when using a trackpad. However, you can use the 'H' keyboard shortcut to select the Hand tool with which to pan the image freely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming in on a detailed section, how do I get it back centered with the mouse? (without using the Fit button?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Solved my problems and answered all my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. Yes this is such a pain to try and figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. A completely unwanted "feature"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike McCarthy 

Can we have a modifier instead of using the middle mouse which is such a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SCROLL BARS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idunno... I dont have a middle mouse button on any of my mice.  and if i hold down the scroll wheel and drag... it zooms in/out.  I wish that when you remove import functionality, you provide a preference where we could opt to have it the old way.  Now, I'm zooming in and out all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default872whju010xt 

If you do not have a middle mouse you will have to use the Handtool to move around in the Program Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing this information, @Mike McCarthy It's exactly what I needed to know.

Can you please tell me where this is published? These functional changes are sort of stuff Adobe should be commuicating to users, and apparently is now, given you've accessed it. But nobody can tell me where all these big-little changes are being listed! I've begged Adobe to be clearer on this, and maybe they've listened, but I still can't find this info myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@braydon If you try the beta, you will see all the upcoming changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back scroll bars! At least provide a context menu option to enable it again. I remote work and using the middle mouse button over remote software is flaky as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely ridiculous. This is very frustrating that something so simple now doesn't work. I am trying to use the hand tool but nothing happens. It does not work for me and I am unable to navigate within my frame to make adjustments and complete my work. It is annoying to be at the mercy of these developers. Why not focus on developing more important features vs removing basic functions. Blows my mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

this is really bullsh**. To be honest: your softeware isnt a GAME, but something people are WORKING with. This damn change came with an update, without any information, massively changing my work flow.

I dont want that during a project, which I am currently working on, under time pressure, etc.

I have set back to previous version and wait for you to enable the scroll bars in the next update.

Otherwise, maybe it's time to check other programs. Its not the first time to experience such nonsense change. Also the colours in your new version are ugly and hard to distinguish.

Updates should make things better, not worse.

Think about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MAC with no middle button on the. mouse.

Where is the Hand tool in Premiere? Never mind, I found it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solutions provided are not working for me. I have version 24.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait! The Hand tool moves the clip which does exactly what the Move tool does. It doesn't allow you to navigate a zoomed-in clip.

If Adobe is going top keep this feature, it should work like it does in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources