• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to enable GPU rendering Substance Stager 3.0.2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new Substance Stager version 3.0.2 I've got the message: Unable to enable GPU rendering. I've updated my NVIDIA RTX 4000 to the latest drivers, Uses Windows 11. Nothing helps. Any suggestions what to try more? Rendering takes forever without GPU /Eva

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem with the same graphics card but running Windows 10. Help desk was unable to resolve the issue so far. If you roll back to the previous installation that worked for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem: ‘Unable to start the rendering engine’ on an RTX 4070 TI and Windows 10. I’ve updated the NVIDIA drivers and tried various solutions suggested on the Adobe forums for Stager… (Stager 3.0.2)Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may know this already, but be sure that you're not using the Game-Ready driver. NVIDIA only tests the Studio drivers against graphic and 3D applications, and I've seen a number of problems cleared up by replacing a Game-Ready driver with the same version number Studio driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Exact same problem with the same graphics card, Win version and Stager version.

Wasnt happening in previous versions.

Frustrating when clients are on your back.

Tried all sorts of settings tweak combinations.
Anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Asus Nvidia RTX 4060 without any problem with installed latest Game Drivers. Make clean install and reinstall Game Driver with GeForce Experience

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent over a whole day trying various fix combinations on my RTX 4000 including the one you've suggested, but no luck. I think it must be the 4000 specifically thats the problem, or a combo of Win 11 and the 4000. Some are saying not to use the game driver, others say it works but on different cards. I've tried all of those options including removing hardware etc and plenty of re-starts in between. I've tried various combo settings in Nvidia Control panel too including creating a Stager program settings preset.

I've rolled back to previous version 2.1.4 now and no problems but lost newer features and benefits. Best compromise for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At about the "stage"  to do / try likewise. It seems that RayTrace will work but using the CPU - in task manager the CPU looks to be doing most / all of the compute. The GPU is showing some VRAM usage and 3D [ expected] use. Thought it might be the latest GPU driver but the older driver did not help. At this page :

https://helpx.adobe.com/substance-3d-stager/common-issues/gpu-rendering-is-disabled.html#

I do not see this option:  Select the high performance NVIDIA processor as the option for preferred graphics program for Stager

in the Nvidia Control Panel.Stager does show as a program to customize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew A_ If you're on WIndows 11, you won't see that in the NVidia control panel. That control has moved to Settings, under System > Display > Graphics. Choose "Desktop Apps" and browse to add Stager. Under Options, select the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about this point but did you have "ON" Render GPU in Stager?

Screenshot 2024-07-09 193014.png

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, well yes, this would be "on" given working in the Render mode; but all was observed  in the Design mode. However, my lack of clarity and your response open another way to check on what "is going on". Right ? check to see what happens in Render mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; good to know for when the move to Win 11 happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave this a go, but still a no go. Gald it is working for your group and [maybe already known- if universally thje case] a file made in the new version did not [here] open in the older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here. Quadro RTX 4000 is not recognized by Stager 3.0.2. Had to roll back to previous version.

Fix it, Adobe. We pay a lot for it. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here with a Quadro RTX 3000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stager UPDATE to 3.0.3 available on 27.08.2024 STILL DID NOT fix the problem.

Come on Adobe! Quadro RTX 4000 is not a toy graphicscard. Again I have to downgrade to Stager 2.1.4 to render my stuff. Thats so annoying for a payed app. Seems you don't even read your community threads. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Come on Adobe. This issue is still not solved, go backwards is not the future. We pay a lot for this program that doesn't work the way it should. Please find a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources