• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Canon 24-240 lens profile v3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest Lightroom Classic release version 13.5 there is a new lens profile (v3) for the Canon 24-240 lens. It has reintroduced the "bad borders" bug. Workaround is simply to select the older v2 profile.Screenshot 2024-08-15 083421.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Greetings all, 

A new update for Adobe Photography Products has been released.  The October (MAX) update contains an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
65 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i import Raw files from a Canon RP there is a strange borden around the files with all little stripes.

When i look at the originals (in the finder) the image seems to be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2024 Oct 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I import new images I am getting bad edges (blurry/banding) or very bad vignetting. This happens when I import new photos from cards or import older photos from aan external harddrive. The first three photos are the new problem, the last twi are the original imports from 5 months ago. I am using Lightroom Classic Version 13.5.1 Windows 10  Thanks 

[Moved from ‘Bugs’ to ‘Discussions’ by moderator, according to forum rules.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Canon 24-240 mm lens? If so, see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-canon-24-240-lens-profile-v3/idi-p/14801628

The fix is to use the version 2 lens profile instead of version 3, which is buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it.  Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem with the RF24-240 with Lightroom on MACs since a few months. In the time before the profile works with the corrections w/o any artefacts. Obviously some changes on the profile were provided - with the described effects. Hopefully the change back will be operated soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2024 Oct 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading my recent batch of photos I've found significant artifacts introduced so a number of my photos. I've done this thousands of times and this is the first time that it has happened.

My process: I upload the photos to my PC with canon's software and then import them into lightroom.  When I look at the photos in canon's software there are no artifacts, when I open the images in MS photo viewer, no artifacts, when I import them into Luminar neo, no artifacts but if I open it straight in photoshop or lightroom, artifacts.

I'm using LrC 13.5.1 and ACR 16.5

Photoshop

Has anyone else had this problem?

Here are two images of the same photo with one being a close up of the artifact.

[Moved from ‘Bugs’ to ‘Discussions’ by moderator, according to forum rules.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that these pictures are taken with a 24-240 mm lens.

The version 3 lens profile is what's causing the artifacts, and the solution is to use the version 2 lens profile instead.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography please merge with

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-canon-24-240-lens-profile-v3/idi-p/14801628#comment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was with a 24-200 lens - thanks I'll try with the old profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the 24-240 Lens as well.  I have reverted the files back to V2 in the lens profile.  However, what I noticed is that the picture just "CROPS" the image from the edge artifacts, taking with it the full frame of the picture.  I lose things in the edges that I saw and captured, and see in the LRC frame, when I revert to V2.0.  We need a solution that keeps the integrity of the frame, especially when adding a specific lens profile.  This is a long term problem that keeps appearing and re-appearing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

A new update for Adobe Photography Products has been released.  The October (MAX) update contains an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import pictures into LrC, some of them have a distorted edge (see below). Displayed on my camera the same pictures are OK. As well as on my PC with Photos software. Where does it come from?

LrC 13.5.1. ; Windows 11 ; Canon R6 camera, Raw format

bernard_5482_0-1729000467634.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"bernard_5482

When I import pictures into LrC, some of them have a distorted edge (see below). Displayed on my camera the same pictures are OK. As well as on my PC with Photos software. Where does it come from?

LrC 13.5.1. ; Windows 11 ; Canon R6 camera, Raw format"

Solution posted in a reply by Adobe in this very Bug posting is to upgrade to LrC v14. Did you not read that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This takes a lot of time. I though that this entire Creative Cloud scheme was made with the intention of automated and on demand updates. Here people report this problem for months meanwhile, over and over. What's the holdout? Why not to update this profile as a minor update in a weeks notice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My problem seems to be solved ! Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate