Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rings/Vignetting with Tamron 17-70 Lens on Fuji XT-4

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I hope you can help me with this, it's driving me insane.

I noticed the problem first when shooting into a blue sky with clouds at a wedding, then I saw the problem on a table the next shoot as well. Now I checked with a white wall and found that Lightroom actually does this to my newly picked up Tamron 17-70 2.8 (on a Fuji XT-4)

I'm having crazy rings and vignetting with the Tamron lens, first thought it's the lens, but it's Lightroom adding the crazy rings. Since when I'm importing there's nothing, but when i hover over the image and select it, it takes a second and then Lightroom adds them to the picture, as if it where implementing a lens correction, but horribly wrong. Turning off Lens Profile / Correction doesn't do anything, once it's there it's there. Also the JPEG looks fine, it's only the raw file. 

Attached are the two images, it's easy to tell which one is the JPEG sooc and which is the RAW file out of Lightroom with the "vignette" 

Can you please tell me how to fix this, and what is going on there?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Update:

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
77 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating bug status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@curious_fashion1549 I haven't heard back from him. He might be busy and gets a lot of mails, but having it right in front of him and showing it and saying it's perfectly fine is quite a slap in the face 😕

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Thank you for your support. Hopefully it gets through to the magicians coding the ACR 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was shocked when he didn't see the show rings. He deleted my messages and didn't reply to the last one. It seems that he does not accept criticism. He is the same person who discarded the Fujifilm 16-80 because it "breathes" and the focus changes when he zooms. I'm glad Adobe responds to this issue and look forward to the LR update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new version of Lightroom 12, they have not fixed the problem. The exposure rings still appear.

2022-10-18 19.01.28.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, is there any news about the solution to this problem? In the latest versions of Adobe the double exposure ring still exists.
I am waiting for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into this issue with the Tamron 17-70 + Lightroom Classic & MacOS as well.  Has there been any progress on this bug?  It is not appearing when I process the same files in Capture One 22 or in Affinity Photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took the lens out for another shoot today. Yesterday I used my X-T3, today I took out my X-H1. Similar to the other two posters here, the lens correction in Lightroom puts double vignette concentric rings on the RAF images when the lens is shot wide open at f2.8.  The effect seems weaker at f4 and all but gone by f5.6.  Still, "shoot at f5.6 and up" is not really a viable shooting strategy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe knows this, but will it correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, unfortunately it's still a problem. I also encountered less of a problem stopped down, but like you said, this isn't the solution to the bug.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Any Updates about whether or not this can be adressed in a firmware update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking back in on this again as well. I do all of my work in Adobe CS (especially Lightroom) despite owning other processing and editng programs for testing and tutorial purposes. I really would like this lens to be functional for use in Lightroom the way it is on those other programs. 

I know that Fujifilm's overall is relatively small and it might make a bug like this a bit lower priority (5% overall market camera market share, and that's including Fuji's Instax products).  However, since the Fujifilm system lacks choices in terms of fast aperture zooms (only two other options, neither of the others with lens stabilization), the Tamron lens is a *really* important lens for the overall system. Fixing this bug - what I assume is a lens correction profile issue - would be a big help to Fuji users on the Apple M1 platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, since the Fujifilm system lacks choices in terms of fast aperture zooms (only two other options, neither of the others with lens stabilization)

it only lacks in native mount... consider adapters and you have tons of "fast" AF zoom lenses to use, some will be even wider than that dark 2.8 aperture 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely! I really need to get around to picking up a Fringer to use some Canon or Nikon lenses. Some of those Sigma 1.8 Art lenses are really nice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe in the future Sigma will make their 18-35mm 1.8 for Fujifilm X. In the meantime it would be nice if Adobe fixes this bug with the Tamron 17-70 f2.8. I pay the license and Adobe fixes the error. Okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo problema que tú, has encontrado alguna solición? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, December 13, when I turn on my MacBook I see that there is an update for ACR and LR CC. I think "Is this update going to fix the double exposure ring problems with the Tamron 17-70mm lens?"

Unfortunately: NO.

The bug is still there.

We are still waiting for a solution from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to work with another software (C One) at least for now, first I experienced a lot of issues with lightroom syncing, many of the edits I do on Lightroom are not syncing back to lightroom desktop, and now this issue with the Tamron lens, I process a lot o images per week and my clients can't wait until adobe decide to fix their issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Returning to this again -- any fix in the works?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola. 

Seguimos exactamente igual. Por favor, soluciónenlo.

Así ve Adobe el suelo de mi terraza.Así ve Adobe el suelo de mi terraza.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to bring more attention to the issue Adobe knows since Oct 2022.
As I (and other people) discovered the problem appears when put wide angle (17-20mm) shoots in to Bridge or LR. The ACR does something to the profile and the issue appears. Testing the same file in Capture One showed that the problem is on Adobe side.
Please see this thread disscution to get a better idea of the problem:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-rings-vignetting-with-tamron-17-70-lens-on-fuji-xt-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, 6 months after the first post, a new version of ACR and LR has been released and they still haven't fixed the problem, however I continue to pay my Adobe subscription every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty frustrating, for sure.  I loved using the Tamron lens but I ultimately had to give it up because of the vignette issue 😞 

I'd rebuy it in a second and use it over "the brick" if they'd just fix this problem.  I miss the 55-70 range and the close focusing distance on the Tamron much more than I *need* a slightly better 16mm.  (I have both the Viltrox 13mm 1.4 and the Fujifilm 16mm 1.4 to cover those ranges if I plan on shooting critical landscape or architecture shots. )

I have too much time invested in Lightroom collection management and a DXOMark or Topaz to LR workflow to give up using LR.  But it is balls that people have to choose between having a seriously defective lens profile, using an alternate lens, or swapping to a competitor's software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Adobe still doesn't fix this error. It is an interpretation of the profile of the lens + the aperture. Do you have so many problems that you still have not solved the double vignetting of the Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 when shooting at 17mm + f2.8? Waiting so many months makes me desperate. Please FIX IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamron will be releasing its extremely well regarded 11-20mm f2.8 ultra-wide zoom soon for the Fujifilm X-Mount system. 

That said, until this bug in the 17-70 lens profile is fixed, I simply cannot recommend anyone who uses Lightroom & Fujifilm cameras together to buy the coming ultra-wide lens.  Especially because the profile correction is a wide angle profile problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk Flohr, it's been 5 months and two Abode updates since your "Updating bug status" message.

Is Adobe trying to fix it, is Adobe going to fix it in the next update? I want to remain an Adobe customer, but my patience is limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm glad that Adobe is working on Artificial Intelligence in an ethical way, that can make images from text. I am surprised that they have resources for this feat and that they still have not solved a minor problem for Adobe, and important for users, such as the double vignetting with the Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 that is exposed in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate