• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw update

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022.  I have new Sony A7IV camera and need the new Camera Raw version 14.1 .   I have followed steps downloading new verssion and replcing in loaction in but the old 13 version does not get replaced .

•  Follow the on-screen instructions.
  •  Once installed successfully, close the installer window.
  •  Navigate to the following folder:
  • On macOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats
  • On Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats
  •  Copy the Camera Raw plug-in from the CC > File Formats folder that is mentioned in the above step.
  •  Navigate to the following folder: 
  • On macOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/Elements<Version Number>/File Formats
  • On Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements<Version Number>\File Formats
  •  Replace the existing Camera Raw plugin in Elements<Version Number> folder with the plug-in that you copied in step 8.

What do I try now please need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Follow link to https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/followup-to-earlier-thread-about-pse-acr-and-sony-a7iv-raw-arw-file-but-with-pse-2022/td-p/12622645

Eventually this was resolved but none of my Microsoft folder can display the files-- must go into Photoshop Elements editor initially. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

The last build for Elements is: 20211214.Git.dot.221c6b7

Did you try manually removing the older version then update?

You may need to download the last build of the DNG converter and convert those Sony raws in the meantime.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thought that update was only for Mac users as I am on windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/ca/products/photoshop-elements/upgrade.html

I am being told by Adobe Support that the new 2022 version of Photoshop Elements will not receive the update of the already in place Camera Raw 14.1.  Yet read the first part of this link and it says automatic updates.  I have the new Sony A7IV and cannot download the files as does not recognize them.  I bought this program believing the 2022 upgrade from what I had (the older 2018 )would work with my new camera and lenses.  It is a total disaster downloading and coverting to DNG and keeping files organized.  Adobe you really dropped the ball here

with what appears to be false claims and advertising.  Not sure what my options are but totally disappointed and angry.

Compare Photoshop Elements versions.

Discover what’s new in the latest version.

FEATURES

PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2022 

CHOOSE YOUR VERSION:  

DIVE RIGHT IN

Refreshed look and feel

UPDATE

Automatic software updates

NEW

Support for HEIF and HEVC on Windows

Home screen –

• Hit the ground running with the helpful Home screen
  • Auto-generated creations delivered upon launch