• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera-Matching Profiles: Requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera-matching Profiles are applicable to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Note: Not all cameras will receive camera-matching profiles.

This thread is a place to request missing camera-matching profiles for specific models. Please include in your request a complete camera model designation and a list of the specific camera-matching profiles you are requesting.  If your camera is already listed in this thread, please reply to the specific camera’s post rather than just posting in-line.

Camera-matching profiles are provided for some camera manufacturers and models. As raw support is added for individual camera models, camera-matching profiles for some cameras may be added when raw support is initially offered.  Other cameras may see camera-matching profiles added at a later date. It is also possible that a specific camera may see a long delay or perhaps not ever receive a specific camera-matching profile.

Note:

ETAs for camera-matching profiles are not available. Announcements for new features are only made after the support is added.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 167 Replies 167
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I shoot RAW on my Sony A6000. There are some creative styles available there like Portrait, Clear etc, which I saw, also appear in Lightroom in the Develop menu, in the Basic panel under Profile. That is, all of them are available except for the black and white one. I love its look so I want to use it when editing. My questions are:

- why doesn't the in camera black and white profile show up in lightroom?

- how can I make it show up in lightroom?

- how can I have lightroom use the embeded preview of the raw file then edit it, once the raw file is imported and a standard preview has been created? 

I don't want to try to mimic the in camera profile, I want to apply it to my raw image in lightroom.

Thank you for you help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial that, if you follow it precisely, will properly apply the profile that is set in the camera. However,, I don't know that Lightroom can apply a profile that it doesn't have. You will have to experiment. Watch the tutorial carefully. It worked well for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCnR9qEqA4&t=29s 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some creative styles available there like Portrait, Clear etc, 

You are applying the Sony terminology of Creative Styles to what is called in LrC as Camera Matching Profiles. At least, I think you are. And yes, Adobe has not created camera matching profiles for some of the Creative Styles that you camera has available. Including B&W.

This has little to do with Sony, a lot to do with Adobe.

The reason the profile is not showing up is Adobe has not created it.

To get the missing profile, you need to post an Idea in the community (might already be one) to request a change, to get Adobe to update it. Or, go looking on the web for a third party one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! That explains a lot, the fact that the Profile in LrC is something different to the Creative style.  Will look for some 3rd party solution to this. 

I hoped I can get the B&W profile from my camera applied to the image nice and easy, but it will need some tinkering. 

Do you know if there is a way to have LrC show the embeded preview again? Upon importing the pics, it showed the embeded preview, but while messing around and not beeing aware of this whole issue, I changed it to standard prev. I know, I could import them again with the embeded preview, but I'm really a fan of elegant and simple soultions. 

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than reimporting the images, there is no way to revert to the Embedded preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is right, creative styles are not the same as camera matching profiles. The easiest way to apply a creative style to an image is to shoot JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To your first two questions:

The Sony Creative Styles align with what Adobe refer to as Camera Matching profiles. However, it depends on when the camera was first supported by Adobe whether all of the Creative Styles had a full set of Camera Matching profiles. The Sony A6000 was released and first supported in late 2014, which is before Adobe supplied B&W/Monochrome Camera Matching profiles. The updated version of the A6000 (A6100 released 2019) has a fuller list of supported Creative Styles. I've attached a screenshot showing the full list of Camera Matching profiles for the A6000 through A6400. With regard to Creative Styles you'll see that the not all A6xxx are fully supported with Camera Matching profiles.

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentaly, my favorite way to create a black and white image is not to use a profile, nor to accomplish much in LrC, but to export to DxO NIK Silver Efex Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leica Q2! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so Photoshop and camera raw are detecting my camera (Canon 850D) and settings and everything is working fine but in Camera Raw (version 13.4) on the profiles section I have the Adobe ones but my Camera profile is not showing up. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has indicated that camera faithful profiles will not be provided for all Canon models. There are third party profiles available, some of them are free, some of them are available for nominal fees ($25/set).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I check if my model has a profile? (Canon EOS850D/Rebel T8i for US)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Canon user. All I can tell you is if there are camera faithful profiles available then they are available. If there are only Adobe profiles then that is all that will be available. Speaking from experience with previous Nikon cameras, I have seen little difference between the Adobe profiles and the camera faithful profiles, nothing that can't be compensated for with the many adjustments available in Lightroom Or Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all the dozens of Canon cameras that produce CR3 Raw files, Adobe has provided "Camera Matching" profiles for only one, the EOS R, and that was a special case in which they had available usable profiles from a CR2 camera, the 5Div. Personally, I gave up waiting and hoping quite a long time ago and evolved a work-flow that I like which centers on a linear profile and a simple gamma curve, but I feel sorry for those amateurs whose self-confidence could be bolstered by a one-click "jpg look-alike" that they will have to struggle to acheive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official Adobe stance on this:
” Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased. 

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles. ”

That said, be patient and you may see some progression over time.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is adobe lightroom update Ricoh gr3x camera profile any time soon ?

been waiting for it for almost a month 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow photography Geeks; 

Trying to muster support for adding a DJI Mavic Air 2S camera profile in Lightroom.  How about a few hundred thousand votes for that addition ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then in that case, post a request in Ideas. Requesting an App Improvement, that is requesting Camera Matching Profiles for the DJI Mavic Air 2S.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/which-quot-conversation-type-quot-sho...

note:

Idea: If you have a suggestion for a feature you'd like to see implemented into Adobe products, please choose the Idea conversation type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently moved over to Fuji from Canon so am on a bit of a learning curve.  My first issue is that Lightroom isn't dealing with the raw files very well in terms of details and the second is that I don't appear to have access to the Fuji film simulations within Classic.  I am updated to the latest version.  Do I need to changes settings somewhere within LR? Please can you assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a Hasselblad 907x (with the CFV50C back). When I import 3FR files in Lightroom CC the profile that is applied is "camera standard" which is not recognized by the mobile versions of LCC. 

In this document the X1D is supported while the 907x is not. They are very similar camera using the same lenses. I wonder why and if the 907x could be supported to have its own profile.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Thanks for the help 

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have the same issue. The photos import on desktop just fine but when I go to work with them on mobile it says the profile is missing and completely shifts the colors. Makes it unusable to make content on mobile with these cameras. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I shoot with a Canon R6. I have v 11.2 of Lightroom Classic CC installed on both my work computer (imac) and home computer (brand new Macbook air). When I go to Develop > Color > Profiles, the only profile options I have are:

Color

Monochrome

Artistic

B&W
Modern Vintage

I am looking for the custom Canon 6R profiles like "Faithful." but they are nowhere to be found. I've tried the "browse" option as well, and nothing. 

Any advice in finding the custom 6R color profiles? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines