• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 678 Replies 678
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony 24-70 GM ii 

I agree, hey adobe, where's our profile for the Sony 24-70 GM ii ?????

Hello????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

veryone else is manually correcting everything or just delivering distorted photos to clients? 

no, we are simply using Iridient S-Developer to access full optics correction information (CA, geometry, vignetting) that is already present in Sony Raw files... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can do that - but to have to apply a workaround for a software that costs 140 Euros per year leaves me speechless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree: I cannot believe this, either. Adobe, are you sleeping? Please wake up and create a 24-70 GM II profile!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not a workaround for me - it is a normal workflow for my ACR work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for the lens profile correction until now, which is ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also waiting on the Sony 24-70 GM ii Lens Correction. How isnt this available but the Iphone 14 is when the GM was released many months before? 

This absolutely baffles me!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more vote for the Sony 24-70 GM II. Not to put too fine a point on it, but we pay you for this, and the delay on this profile has long been unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we have Lightroom Classic version 15 and still no lens profile for the Sony 24-70 GM II. Unbelievable and unprofessional - this is my main lens for professional jobs and I have to correct distortion on each photo; that's a time eater. And for all that money one pays to adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to come up to speed with Lightroom Android (on a Chromebook), editing photos from a Google Pixel 4a. Unfortunately the DNG / Raw files are unusable. There is distortion (barrel?) clearly visible. The top photo below is DNG, the second the JPG generated by the phone. The top photo shows a curvature at the roof line that should be straight.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 14.45.32.pngScreenshot 2022-11-03 14.45.15.png

Basically it's like there is a bulging out across the center of the photo. I have "Enable Lens Corrections" set to off, but it still says that a built-in lens profile has been applied.

If I enable it I cannot find my phone -- Adobe can't be bothered to support any Google Pixel phone since 4 years ago. It uses Pixel 3 instead, but this correction actually increases the distortion. The image is better off with correction at 0, which is the same as "off".

If I can't edit raw images, Lightroom is vastly less useful. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post was moved here into this category, even though this category gives advice specific to PC and Mac users (e.g. creating your own lens correction profile). This was inappropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was appropriate. You are using a Google Pixel 4A which, if you read the link at the top of this article, is currently not supported. 

Here is the link again: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 

Requests for support for not-yet-supported lenses will be merged to this thread. This enables those who profile lenses at Adobe to have a one-stop shop for new requests. 

Support for this lens will likely be in a future version of CR/LRC/LRE (including your Chromebook).

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for help with any best-effort workaround. You will obviously
never support my lens since my phone is 3 years old, so I am NOT requesting
that you support it. But perhaps someone else will have gone through this
before and have advice.

By moving my post, you make it almost impossible for anyone with advice to
find my post. i.e. not only will I never get official support, you block me
from getting unofficial support.
-- Ethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic 12.0.1. I can not find a profile for the AF-S Nikkor 120-300. Can I download the profile somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the didicated 'Lens Profile' thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Model:  SEL2470GM2 (Sony 24-70 GM II)

Mount: Sony e-mount

Please provide a lens profile for this lens for Adobe Lightroom Classic (along with AdobeRAW, etc...).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had the patience level to ask as politely as you but after 5 months I feel the time for that is over 😞
I'd appreciate it if Adobe at least acknowledged the issue and explained why it is taking so long when professional work is at stake.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I understand your impatience; in the interim, it is possible to create your own profile with the lens profile editor: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really REALLY appreciate the Sony 24-70 2.8 GM II to get a profile. It's a widely used professional lens and it's really frustrating that it's not come on yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team,

there is still no profile for the SEL2470GM2 (Sony 24-70 GM II) which is extremly popular and available for a while.

Please provide a lens profile for this lens for Adobe Lightroom Classic (along with AdobeRAW, etc...).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 24-70GM II since april and to date no lens profile is available? ..gosh. This is a bread and butter tool for many photographers like me and by no means an exotic niche product.
So please Adobe read this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's November 2022 and there's still no Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II profile in Lightroom? Am I daydreaming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony Zoom 24 - 70 GM II is the most popular successor of the version one and the standard lens for most Sony fullframe unsers. Can not understand why there is no camera raw lens profile for it after so many month after hitting the market?

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sony Zoom 24 - 70 GM II is the most popular successor of the version one and the standard lens for most Sony fullframe unsers. Can not understand why there is no camera raw porfile for it after so many month after hitting the market?

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of requests for this lens in the past 12 months in this thread too:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-lens-profile-requests-and-information/m-p/13...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines