• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 678 Replies 678
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as a customer I really would like to see an explanation why – again – with version LR 12.0 the Sony 24-70 2.8 GM II was left out. I drives me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get it together, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is totally ridiculous!! 😡🤬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM II. I can't believe there isn't a profile for this lens yet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to know if anyone knows what is currently the most compatible corrective lens 
with the VIVO X80 PRO smartphone in lightroom.
 Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admin/Monitors, apparently in wrong community, can you move it for the OP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJI Mini Pro 3 would be nice to see sooner than later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens profile for Sony 24-70 F/2.8 GM II  !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my Canon camera and Samsung S22, and when I enable Lens Corrections, it will automatically select the models. But now I am using Oppo Find X5 Pro and I don't see any Oppo lens on the list. 
So will Adobe add a Lens profile for the Oppo phone in the future? or is there any way I can download the lens profile?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is typically so good at getting new lens profiles up quickly. I'm surprised this lens is still unsupported. Adobe, when can we expect? I'm probably not the only one waiting on this one... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug, but Adobe gives no other way to ask for help. Typically so quick at getting new lens profiles up for use, so not having yet for a key Sony lens is a surprise. Hoping for very soon???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens profile for Sony 24-70 F/2.8 GM II  !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony RAW files have optics correction data embedded so you can just use that in ACR/LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an embedded profile shown. But it doesn't do anything to correct distortion unfortunately when activated. Turning it on and off shows no visible difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked Capture One. Toggling doesn't anything as well but the lines supposed to be straigt, are straight. So it seems to be applied somehow correctly.

Lightroom seems to ignore it for the Sony 24-70 GM II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be Adobe want us Sony user switch to use Capture one...... Too many people using Adobe, They want to share the workload and giving out some of there business 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a clearly a bug in ACR/LR because Sony does write geometric correction info in the raw file and if for example you use Iridient S-Transformer it will extract that info ( and I tested with that lens specifically using publicly available raw = https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-a7r-iv/Y-JG-A7R-IV-24-70-GM-II-0507-DISTORTION-24MM.ARW.... ) and pass (you have options what to pass in Iridient software and how) to ACR as DNG optics correction tags and then ACR will be fixing said distortions ... why Adobe dudes are so inconsistent in handling ever present optics corrections info beats me ... 

Iridient S-Transformer = https://www.iridientdigital.com/products/stransformer_download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Sony FE 24-70 F2.8 GM II lens, which was released in April 2022. I cannot find a lens profile for it in Lightroom Classic.

Going through this page https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html I cannot find this lens listed here.

Seems Camera Raw does not supprt this lens yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 12.0

MacOS 12.6

Camera Sony A7 IV

Lens: Sony 24-70 2.8 GM II 

Since there is no correction profile available yet I rely on the embedded one to work. Obviously it does not do anything since straight lines are clearly distorted. The corrections are activated with the embedded profile selected automatically and info that is is being applied shown. Toggling makes no difference.

There is definitely one baked into the raw files because distortion is corrected for in Capture One using the same files also without a dedicated profile available. Other users experience the same issue so it seems to be a cross plattform bug.

I have no other lenses without profile to cross-check if this issue applies only to this lens or if it is a general one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vignetting seems to be corrected properly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't find the popular Meike 6,5mm f2 Fisheye lens corrector for Ph or Lightroom.

In the studio we ony have Macs with latest software, if would be great having those profiles.

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profile for Smayang 12mm F2 AF for Lightoroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony 24-70 GM ii 

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY HAVE TO REQUEST THIS.  This lens was released in June 2022 and it has been over 4 months with no Lens profile.  I bought mine yesterday and to find there is no profile for the flagship standard zoom lens is utterly mind boggling. This is arguably the single most important professional use lens in the entire Sony line up and there is still no profile??  Everyone else is manually correcting everything or just delivering distorted photos to clients?  What is going on???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines