• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 678 Replies 678
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those looking for support for the Canon RF 14-35 f/4 and Canon, RF 100 f/2.8 macro, the latest release of DxO Pure Raw and likely Photolab now have profiles for these lenses. Sorry Adobe, you really need to respond faster to the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonyb54867793 wrote:

For those looking for support for the Canon RF 14-35 f/4 and Canon, RF 100 f/2.8 macro, the latest release of DxO Pure Raw and likely Photolab now have profiles for these lenses. Sorry Adobe, you really need to respond faster to the market.

You *may* be eating those comments in a few days ..... 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like LAOWA lens 100 mm 2.8 CA_dreamer macro 2x added to the list.

Thanks!

Marieke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am requesting that a profile for the Panasonic DC-GX9 be developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samyang AF 14mm f2.8 EF please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE provide profile for Canon EOS R RF 14-35L f4 lens ASAP!!! help me not regret buying this lens!

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until such time, you can use the RF 24-105 F/7.1 profile. I've had good results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in lightroom the lens profile for the Samyang 20mm 1.8 and as umc nikon ae is missing. we ask that a lens profile be released as soon as possible. it is a landscape product and needs this important setting .. aspect of yours .. regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe in the Discussions part of this forum. We can't add the requested feature.

You need to request new features from Adobe in the "Ideas" portion of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a dedicated page for lenses' profiles, but the problem is there is no way, afaik, to import them into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can exit this particular discussion? I'm being inundated with replies that aren't relevant to the question I asked. I don't want to Turn Off all notifications (by email), I just want to exit this particular discussion. Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'd like to add a request for the RF 50mm 1.8 STM as well. It's been a while since it has come out. It would be great to have Adobe support the new Nifty Fifty! It's a great carry around lens which I'm sure many people have. Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Why is there no Ultra Wide camera lens profile for iPhone 13 Pro? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Paweł

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit, the iPhone 13 was just released, so it may be some time before we see the lens profile for the ultra-wide lens. It took a long time for the iPhone 12 ultra-wide lens to be added, and it only very recently was included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Słowik inspiruje 

You are correct that our latest iOS 7.0.1 release does add support for iPOhone devices, but lacks a lens profile specifically for the ultrawide lens.

From a developer: The reason there is no lens profile for the UW camera is due to the lens being corrected using DNG opcodes. 

I'm not sure, but guess it's possible the distortion of the UW lens is so dramatic that it was ideal to effectively bake in the lens correction directly into the DNG opcodes, to improve every image captured.  The image distortion from the Tele and Wide lenses is less pronounced and lens correction could be considered more optional than necessary.

You can web-search DNG opcodes to learn more about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a profile for APO-SUMMICRON-M 35mm f/2 in even the latest release. Will a lens profile be added soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM to be supported in Lightroom Classic please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a profile for the Hasselblad EQV 2.8f 28mm lens that is found on the DJI Mavic Pro 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canon RF 16mm f2.8 STM please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ this! because of how it's made, lens needs lots of correction. please add the canon rf 16mm! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! I think it´s about time to have this profile as well 🙂

The lens itself is great but I don´t really wan´t to learn with the Canon app just because of one single lens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, consider Ricog GR IIIx lense for next Adobe profiles update.

Thanks

Gennady

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines