• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when i try downloading a random CR3 file from net it is able to recognize it.

Do you mean a random 200D Mark 2 RAW file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

First of all, thank you for helping. 😊 

I don't get any error message. When i click on upload files and navigate to the folder in my mobile which contains the Cr3 files i downloaded from my camera, it does show up at all. 

I am not sure of the source of the random CR3 file from the net. I tried it to see if Lightroom Android could atleast detect it or not just to confirm. The mobile I'm using is Samsung Galaxy M33.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that with the latest version of Lr that the Sony Lossless Medium and small  ARW (RAW) files are not recognised as RAW files when trting to use the new AI denoise tool. I have reported this directly to Adobe tech support but they suggested also mentioning it here. 

This is the reply I had from Adobe

"L, M and S are all special Sony files types that may not 'yet' be supported by Camera Raw, at least that was the case with previous models such as A7 IV

This is still not added feature in Lightroom Classic but thank you so much for putting forward this valuable suggestion and we will definitely add this feature in upcoming updates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are there any plans to add support for new panasonic g9 mark II camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for a new camera from a leading manufacturer typically comes in the LR release following the release of the camera or, less frequently, the second following release. A new version of LR comes out about every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 13.1 mid-December. (I have no inside information on this, and Adobe never announces such things ahead of time.)

Meanwhile, you can use Panasonic's software to convert raws to TIFFs and import those into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally upgraded to Nikon Z7II (been a Nikonofile since 1965) but now PS5 won't open my RAW files.  Any help is apreciated.  <email address removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ORF files from the new OM System om-1 mkii are not loading in lightroom classic at the moment.

Is there any sight on when we can expect that to be updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The ORF files from the new OM System om-1 mkii are not loading in lightroom classic at the moment. Is there any sight on when we can expect that to be updated?"

Usually, a new camera from a major manufacturer is supported in the next release of LR following the availability of the camera. The OM-1 Mark II was just announced six days ago, with general availability on 2/26:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/om-system-om-1-mark-ii-initial-review 

LR and ACR release about every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see a release (LR 13.2) this week or next. So it seems unlikely this release would include support for the camera, unless OM System provided Adobe with early access to a production camera (which doesn't seem to happen that often).  So if LR 13.2 doesn't include support, it will almost certainly be supported in LR 13.3 in 8-9 weeks.

Adobe almost never comments on dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect Adobe to support this newly released camera please? I need to edit my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found some bugs on latest lightroom with ios 17 both on iphone and ipad when reading image from SD card.  My camera is a7c2 with latest firmware.

For raw file, lightroom cannot generator thumbtails when resized images for further checking. 

For heif file, lightroom cannot import images in portrait rotation. FYI, thumbtails for heif images inportrait rotation taken by a7c2 also had display bugs in iOS's Photo.

However, editing such images is fine(excepted those cannot be imported). Some people claims that is was introduced by iOS 17 and everything goes well in iOS 16 but I cannot comfirm that. 

Hoping for replies and solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 16.3 Beta is released. Where I can find the list of the new implemented camera models?

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@axl*  The 16.3 Public Beta does not have additional camera/lens support. It only offers access to the Early Access Content Authenticity functionality.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

When will Light Room and PS be able to read the RAW files from the new Sony ILX-LP1  camera ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines