• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amrit Hoeba, the Sony A7CR is not yet supported by Camera Raw or LR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

Support for a new camera from a major manufacturer typically arrives in the release following the availability of the camera, sometimes in the next release after that. We might expect to see the next releases of CR and LR in mid-October during Adobe Max. (I have no inside information.)  

Meanwhile, you'll have to shoot in JPEG or use Sony's utility to convert from raw to TIFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True legend status, appreciate ty. I was hyped after 5 replacement 😂.

Still unbelievable that these billion dollar companies don't collab seeying the global customer independencies like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom fails to read the RAW files of the Sony alpha 7C II. 
IMG_6415.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

know that adobe usually does not support sony's new camera raw files but i just hope to have an official publish of the target date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug - moving to New Camera Support thread.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom fails to read the RAW files of the Sony alpha 7C II."

The Sony a7C II was announced after the release of the LR 12.5.  Support for a new camera from a major manufacturer typically arrives in the release following the availability of the camera, sometimes in the next release after that. We might expect to see the next releases of CR and LR in mid-October during Adobe Max. (I have no inside information.)  

Meanwhile, you'll have to shoot in JPEG or use Sony's utility to convert from raw to TIFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me now on 20230927 build. I can open the RAW file capture by sony a7c2. However I can preview them on Finder. Any one has the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can LR increase the raw file compatibility of sony a7cr? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can LR increase the raw file compatibility of sony a7cr?"

See this previous reply:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-new-camera-raw-file-support-requests-amp-inf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, avons nous une date de mise à jour pour que les fichiers RAW de sony ARW soient acceptés par lightroom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic? (We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest")

Which specific Sony camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the Lightroom 12,5 / camera raw 15,5: The latest version. And images come from Sony A7CR, the new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryes DNG Converter but don't working with the new ARW sony format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ARW format is used by many different Sony cameras. You can see in this list which models use which format if you scroll down to Sony:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

What matters is support for each individual camera model.

The A7CR is a new model released in the past few weeks. Adobe has not yet added support to Camera Raw or the DNG converter for this model. So we all have to wait for an update from Adobe.

In the meantime use the Sony Imaging Edge software to open your Raw files and save them to TIFF. Then you can open the TIFF files (not the Raw files) in Adobe software.

Keep your Raw files safe. Once Adobe updates Camera Raw and DNG converter (probably in the next few weeks but the exact date is unknown), you will then be able to open the A7CR Raw files in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wann wird es ein Kameraprofil geben um die RAW Dateien der Sony A7CM2 zu öffnen und zu bearbeiten?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any idea when Adobe will push out RAW support for the A7C ii? 

I wish this process was better coordinated.  Seems like RAW support would be available before the camera is released, not the other way around....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this process was better coordinated.  Seems like RAW support would be available before the camera is released, not the other way around....

By @johnnybregar

Agreed. We all do.

The camera makers certainly update their own software which ships with the camera. But Adobe and other 3rd party software vendors are at the end of the line.

Keep in mind:

1. Camera makers have no incentive to cooperate with 3rd party software vendors like Adobe so it rarely happens.
  2. The Raw file format in a new camera could be tweaked, tested and debugged until the very last second. Adobe and others prefer to wait until the format is locked and the camera ships before they begin preparing a Camera Raw update for that camera. Then they only have to do it once. I think I would do the same if I was Adobe.

Be even nicer if camera manufacturers would included Save to DNG in-camera. Then we would not need constant Raw updates to use the images from our brand new cameras. Unfortunately camera makers have never shown any interest in DNG. Perhaps they think it somehow constrains their innovation and competitive edge. Unfortunately, proprietary Raw formats are here to stay and consumers are resigned to constantly chasing software updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently purchased a Sony A7C2 camera. Found out ARW files from this camera are not currently supported in Lightroom Classic. A solution offered was to update Lightroom to v 15.5? Found it on Adobe website and downloaded it but no idea how to update Lightroom Classic as it still shows the 12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The re is no lightroom version 15.5 so not sure where that came from. You might be referring to camera raw which is currently at version 16 and is a plugin for Photoshop - nothing to do with Lightroom and so won't help you. For your camera you need Lightroom v13 (https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html ) which should be released any moment now since the page linked above was just updated with that info so I would expect it to also be released today. So keep checking the creative cloud app and hopefully Adobe indeed releases it today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR3 files from Canon EOS 200D Mark 2 is not recognized by Lightroom android. Request for you to work on a version to recognize CR3 files from Canon 200D Mark 2 soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EOS 200D Mark 2 is a 4 year old camera so support has been available for a long time.

What exactly happens when you try to import Raw files from that camera?

Does this Adobe article help at all?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/unable-to-import-raw-android.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, once i move the  CR3 RAW file from the camera to Mobile, i try to upload it to Lightroom but it does not recognize the files at all. But when i try downloading a random CR3 file from net it is able to recognize it. When i checked some online forum earlier it said CR3 files from Canon EOS 200D MARK 2 is not compatible. But recently Lightroom has updated to the compatible cameras and i am able to see 200D. But still the issue persisits even after i have updated lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines