• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marco22119654l5hz wrote:

Good evening. Is it already known when the ARW files of the new Sony Alpha 7IV can be edited in Lightroom?

It is known.

It is not open to the public. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently they prefer making their customers angry because they know people will not switch software anyways.

If Capture One gets theur support working before Lightroom I will switch. This silence is so disrespectful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently they prefer making their customers angry because they know people will not switch software anyways.

I'm glad you started that with the word "apparently".

Getting the actual facts, like querying the Adobe LR and ACR team or a large group of the user base would be more work indeed.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people that bought the camera think it is fine to not be able to use their payed subscription software?

Sure. That seems reasonable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people that bought the camera think it is fine to not be able to use their payed subscription software?

By @fred4242

"If you want a wise answer, ask a reasonable question." -Johann von Goethe

The software didn't stop working.

The software will still work on images from your camera too. This absurd line of arguments that you can't use your camera or the software you subscribe to is, well abusrd.

You started your Adobe subscription the day you also received your camera, yes or no?

You checked if your Adobe subscription worked with your shiny new camera before you placed your order, yes or no?

You cannot use Sony's software until raw support while not knowing that purchasing a new camera might not have software support for the raws, yes or no? That is all spelled out below, long before you paid for that camera.

See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

I don't know what people that bought the camera think; I don't assume. Perhaps they were not thinking very well about this issue, which again is decades old.

Do you think this back and forth is going to get you camera supported any faster? The answer is a resounding no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care if you think it is absurd. 

I don't agree with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry I offended you with my common sense. And facts. 

This will all work out for you in the future. 

And then, another new camera will be released: rinse and repeat.

Adios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @fred4242

It's a bit like buying a new electric car without checking that there's somewhere to charge it. At least local authorities and businesses can anticipate demand and start installing charging points, and new cars have standard connections etc. But camera makers change their raw formats with each model and fail to offer a generic raw option like DNG, so Adobe can't do anything until the day the camera is released. Without wanting to "victim blame" -  camera makers don't warn customers of the problem - who would buy an electric car if they knew they couldn't charge it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or even, who would continue to pay for software that doesn't support their equipment?

We all will, becuase there is no other viable option and that's why it's not a top level priority for Adobe.

Jonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, if Adobe didn't support it after a reasonable time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marco22119654l5hz, though Adobe almost never announces release schedules, historically support for a new camera from a leading manufacturer is usually included in the release following the camera's announcement but sometimes in the release after that. The Sony A7 IV was announced 10/21/21.  LR releases roughly every 8 weeks, so we might expect to see LR 11.1 sometime in December.  (This is just an educated guess based on past releases over many years.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proactivity vs. reactivity.

Kinda weird - as I said before - that nowadays camera facturer doesn't deliver needed information in time. It's been weeks since Youtubers released their videos about this model. Despite they shot JPG's it just being LAZY that things not be ready when cameras are delivered to customers.

"Here you have a brand new car, but we don't give you the keys just yet. Surprise!!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm being cynical but I find it odd that people defend Adobe and manufacturers here also... as people say it's not like this is uncommon so I'm not seeing why can't manufacturers and Adobe work together ahead of the general release. Sorry if this "offends" people but I've listened to my customers in my day to day role many a time, especially when it's logical!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found more workarounds rather than shooting jpgs, converting raw to tiffs? Photoshop was updated a few days ago, but LR/CameraRaw still in a standstill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! At the moment, I own a Sony A7 IV and I can't open any files or import any files (Macbook Pro) of the new camera in Ps or Lr. The files do have the .arw filetype so that should not be a problem!

I guess the configuration of the Sony A7 IV is not yet implemented in Lr, Ps and Camera Raw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when Lightroom will be updated to support the Raw files from the Sony A7IV?

This camera was launched a while ago now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here as any idea. Only Adobe knows, and they never tell in advance when things will happen. So you'll just have to be patient and we'll all find out at the exact same time, when it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting into chaos because of this I do not have my other camera and the sony a7iv does not work with lightroom. This would not be fair to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how Adobe has always handled new camera releases. That's the way it is. They don't even try to keep this a secret, this is well known and publicly stated here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because it is how it always been doesn't mean it is the best way. I am so tired of that argument.

Times changes, product changes and so user expectations. Once in the past you could even own your software and not pay per month (while waiting for a critical update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fred4242 wrote:

Once in the past you could even own your software and not pay per month (while waiting for a critical update).

No, you never owned the software. Not Adobes, ever. You purchased a license under EULA which spelled out an agreement of this license you agreed to just to install it. Read it before clicking OK. You have never owned any Adobe software. You simply purchased a perpetual license* to the product. And you waited for software updates. And got them until the next major rev, then you didn't get them at all.
Those are (again) the facts. 🤔

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/perpetual-software-license?amp=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good you have all the facts then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will RAW files be supported for Sony A7M4

1. Why is this valuable to you? - Because I have an A7M4 camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a sony a7 iv camera and it would be important to know when we will be able to read the raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines