• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to locate Adjustment Brush and Gradient Tools after update?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the Adjustment Brush or Gradient Tool in Photoshop 2022/ ACR 14.0. Where is it?  Using Win 10 Home version.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Select the masking icon. You'll find the Adjustment Brush and Gradient Tool.
Have a look here.

Julieanne Kost  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6r8r47ZLus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the masking icon. You'll find the Adjustment Brush and Gradient Tool.
Have a look here.

Julieanne Kost  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6r8r47ZLus

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, there it is! Thank you so much, Rosa! The YT Vid is very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevens54833244 

I'm glad this helped!

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has gradient tool gone in ACR???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gradient tool is still there, press "G" for it. Or click the Masking Icon (under the Healing Bandaid and above Red eye) You will find all your local adjustment favorites and new tool there. There is a new masking feature, where you can use different tools to create mask, like using the gradient tool to erase part of the brush tool.

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chuck Uebele wrote:

The gradient tool is still there, press "G" for it. Or click the Masking Icon (under the Healing Bandaid and above Red eye) You will find all your local adjustment favorites and new tool there. There is a new masking feature, where you can use different tools to create mask, like using the gradient tool to erase part of the brush tool.

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Thanks yes I found it, but I wish it was not in another folder, I'd like it to be more accessible 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very accessible by using the G shortcut key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True 

thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the usual tools I had in Camera Raw Filter within Photoshop since I updated yesterday to latest Photoshop / Camera Raw / Lightroom. The tools are missing.

Any idea what I need to do to get them back?

Screenshot (21).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Masking Icon (under the Healing Bandaid and above Red eye)

You will find all your local adjustment favorites and new tool there.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have given a correct answer  but I'm struggling a little bit to not mask but actually adjust like you used to. I can only see options to create a mask as opposed to make a brush or filter adjustment. I may need to look at videos. I don't think it was a good idea to change it this way. It's going to confuse people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out now. I think its a bit confusing and was simpler before. Adding functionality and in the process making old functionality different is not a great strategy. Thanks for the answer. It's correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Concur. I use the adjustment brush constantly, it doesn't need to be hidden under more menus. Between the slow loading times and the poor UI decisions, ACR's utility has been dropping significantly with each version.

And there is still no way to use Vibrancy adjustment with the selective tools, just the overall image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And there is still no way to use Vibrancy adjustment with the selective tools, just the overall image."

With the Saturation Slider in Local adjustments, decreasing the value lowers saturation -100 - 0. Increasing the value 0 - 100 raises Vibrance. It is a dual adjustment slider. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming home from a job and not being able to find the tool you use most is utterly anoying, to say the least. To adjust 100 images one by one by clicking the same icon time and time again while the day before you could do 100 in a row after clicking the adjustment brush in the main menu just once... - well, this just isn't working. They changed this a couple of years ago and then brought it back after complaints on the forum. Hope this will happen again. Soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!  I had to switch back to the old RAW to save editing time. 😞    

Someone also posted this in the "ideas" section that it needs changed back.  (Please vote if you haven't! 🙂  It won't let me post the link here - but in "ideas" look for **P:(Masking)Adjustment brush should be separate from Mask Menu in ACR 14**

Hopefully the topic stays up - someone else posted about it also in ideas and it was removed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely agree! Is there a facile way to create an adjustment, and then either have it at the ready, at least for that particular scene in Camera Raw, or better yet, to name it, store it, and always havfe it available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or are these adjustments just hiding somewhere?

Both were very useful in ACR, and I'm sorry to not find them after the update.

Thanks,

BAB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it was one of the best tool in Adobe Camera Raw. All of a sudden its gone. Is it hidden someplace? Is there a tool that took its place? Hopefully it comes back to Adobe Camera Raw.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Camera Raw forum from Download & Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Masking in Camera Raw had a major upgrade.  All Local Adjustments are found under the the Circular Icon below the Healing and above the Red Eye Removal

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 6.27.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just updated to Photoshop 2022 and I can't find the adjustment brush tool...please HELP...!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut is still "K", and if any you can't see any of the features, click on the triangles on the right side to expand the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines