Recover Images from Camera Raw Trash

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally marked an image for deletion in Camera Raw 12.4 and clicked the "Done" button instead of the "Open" button.  The image is not in my computer's trash.  It seems to be gone.  Is it possible to recover these files from the trash? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your file is in the Cloud and is mapped,
Cloud must be in the ARCHIVE section.
If the file is deleted from the Cloud, it will be trashed but still stored in the Cloud. You can recover from there.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is really unreasonable....All I do was accidentally pressed the "Delete" button, and after modifying the image I clicked "Done", and it all disappeared! Now I haven't upload it to the cloud before and I just lost it forever. Why couldn't you throw it to the Finder trash or some trash locally? How can you do that? After all, I think this really sucks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oli is 100% right. Pls fix this.

[Profanity removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am the latest victim of accidentally deleting raw files in camera raw from my SD card,cant even recover form recycle bin 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excatly the same here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same thing happened to me ? Any Solution to that ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be useful if both people asking this question (from 2020 and 2022) would at least specify the OS. 

On a Mac, marking a raw for deletion simply moves the raw to the trash. It is there unless you empty the trash. If you do so, you're stuck unless you have some utility to recover or cache these items. ACR doesn't empty the trash, it moves the items to that location. Marking for deletion (moving the document) and actually deleting are not the same.

MOVEtotrash.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all well and good, but the question is, how do you unmark the file for deletion? I see the "Image will be moved to Trash" but I have no idea how I did this or how to undo it. Using a Mac running 10.14 and Camera Raw 13.4

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out. I clicked on the trash can in the bottom center. I would not have known this other than mousing over it said toggle, so I figured it couldn't do more damage. But it turned it off and I'm good now. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While Camera Raw is open, if a photo is marked for deletion, there are a few ways to un-mark it for deletion...

1. With the photo selected in the filmstrip, click the delete (or backspace) button on your keyboard again. The delete key should toggle the marked-for-deletion status on and off.

2. Cmd/Ctrl + Z to undo

3. Right/ctrl click on the photo's filmstrip thumbnail, or on the main image to bring up the contenxtual menu and un-check the "Mark for Deletion" menu item.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines