Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover Images from Camera Raw Trash

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally marked an image for deletion in Camera Raw 12.4 and clicked the "Done" button instead of the "Open" button.  The image is not in my computer's trash.  It seems to be gone.  Is it possible to recover these files from the trash? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

While Camera Raw is open, if a photo is marked for deletion, there are a few ways to un-mark it for deletion...

1. With the photo selected in the filmstrip, click the delete (or backspace) button on your keyboard again. The delete key should toggle the marked-for-deletion status on and off.

2. Cmd/Ctrl + Z to undo

3. Right/ctrl click on the photo's filmstrip thumbnail, or on the main image to bring up the contenxtual menu and un-check the "Mark for Deletion" menu item.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... You can avoid the issue and pretend like there isn't a problem. We aren't even talking about marking and unmarking the photo for deletion. We are complaining on how it doesn't make sense that CameraRaw deletes photos from SD cards or other externally connected devices and you instead of trying to read my reply and my possible solution to this answer you, as in your previous replies just skipped what majority of us is saying and starter rambling about "hOw tHe pHOtOs aRe iN thE trASh Can".

Give everyone a break and if you don't want to help out or admit that most of the problems and glitches adobe packages have are not worth the money. Exclamation mark on Adobe Premiere. 

And to think Adobe has a subscription fee instead of previous ways of one buying a yearly license and having the program for as much as one wants. I'm not afraid to tell the truth even tho some people get offended. Shame for such a prospectful softwares to have such pour customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a problem.

I ran multiple tests and the behavior is exactly as described in green.

Now we can try to solve what's wrong with your system and set up if you wish. Start by describing exactly what's necessary and outlined here:

Photoshop:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

Lightroom:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12386373

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working from SD Cards is problematic as some operating systems do not allow for Trash/Recycle functionality.  

If you insist upon working from SD cards you may want to consider some file recovery software. Sandisk, for example, ships with a nice recovery package. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

Closed PS totally. Even closed Adobe CC ext. from task manager.

Done restart and it was back on SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same but idk why but it hasn't worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know mate. Some kind of bug i guess it did work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Same thing happened to me. Working off a USB drive on Mac, files couldn't be found in the trash. What worked for me was viewing the external drive in finder, choosing Go to Folder from Finder's Go menu, and providing .Trashes/501/ as the path; the exact number needed may be slightly higher. There I found the deleted files from photoshop RAW that were not in my standard trash bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I Unplugged my SD card then plugged it back in. Checked the trash, and they were there 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me and luckily I was able to get them back! I just used a Recovery Software, specifically EASE US Data Recovery Wizzard. Hope it helps. It was really easy. Just searched for the name files on my SD Card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines