• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not too much of a high expectation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHy does Jeff Tranberry ignore the questions from users who are totally fed up and stressed from using the new ACR 12.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew Rodney must be an Adobe employee. I have never seen anyone defend the company so much.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew Rodney must be an Adobe employee. I have never seen anyone defend the company so much.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another assumption; no.
“Untested assumptions and lazy habits of thought can be shown up, once put in a spotlight of a different hue.“
-Julian Baggini
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really despise the new ACR. Do not change stuff that is working fine for years Adobe !

If any programmer that makes changes to software, making it more of a struggle to work with, with more unnecessary clicks, thinking he/she provides users with an upgrade, please get them back to school!  Adobe, we did not ask for this 'improvement'. Because it is not, it is a setback. This has nothing to do with 'getting used to it'. It is just really crap UI.

Please get the older UI back, so much better as it makes my workflow more efficient. That is all that counts. Listen to your customers and do not come up with changes without -at least- test it with professional customers (!) A dissatified customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe US is currently on shutdown, he's not supposed to be checking in here at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darwinism will change the audience of users: failure to adapt to changing realities sent many species to extinction.

An observation: some 375 million years ago in the Devonian, there was a critter which is believed to be the first with digits patterned like those of all tetrapods today including us. Elpistostege watsoni who also breathed air through a hole on top of his noggin and could clamber out of the water to forage. That would seem to me to be the originator of a procedure used in traffic in Los Angeles which requires an extended middle finger.

Nothing fishy about that, now is there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Grainger are you saying that Adobe is giving us the middle finger or you are giving us the middle finger?

Let me put it in basic math terms for you Dave to explain what the software engineers have done to the GUI:

The previous GUI flowed as simple as 1+1=2. The new UX has become 1+3-11+17-8=2

375 million years from now this will be the reason scientist pinpoint when Adobe went extinct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred: Please  read my comment again. I was telling you that Change WILL happen, and those that learn how to adapt do better, those that just sulk, do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Grainger: "those that learn to adapt do better" -- that goes for companies marketing their product to consumers as well... There are plenty of other sources to turn to, many that indeed adapt to the needs of their customers. Those that do not will get that raised finger that you so helpfully injected into this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan: I certainly agree that Adobe must fix this current update mess and I am sure that they are burning the midnight oil to do so. Features changes are a different story...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll chime in here and point out that I only targeted my question towards Jeff as he was marked as "Official Response" and was the Adobe representative in the thread. Adobe US being on Shutdown is a perfectly reasonable reason for a delayed reply. So thank you for the information Victoria.

Despite a few forum trolls and alot of moaning, there is actually some very good feedback in this thread particularly from branislavmilic, who I think pretty much nailed it on the head as to what people are upset about when it comes to the UI and menu design. 

It would just be nice to hear Adobe acknowledge the feedback and they're going to tender to our needs. 

Not wanting to become another one of the moaners (or trolls), I'm going to chime out of the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff and the ACR team heard all kinds of debate about this months ago from pre-release.
We don't always get what we want.
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Corporate World!  I bailed out of a Fortune 500 firm in 1979 because I realized that I would never be any good at "The Hindlick Maneuver"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The younger generation of engineers are out of touch with the common user, focused more on technology than functionability. We're the lab rats.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been given the opportunity to chose between the old en the new user interface in Camera RAW when I wanted to open RAW-files from Bridge 2020. There was a remark that I could change this setting later, if I wanted to.

I choose the new UI, but I don't like it. And now I can't go back!

The solution to install version 12.2 makes the thumbnails in Bridge to disappear. So this solution has opens up other problems.

How can I go back in 12.3 to the old UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that Bridge 2020 is not compatible with ACR 12.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to roll back Bridge to 10.0.4 and then CR to 12.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the classic mode I take twice as long to develop my works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Leon - I absolutely agree about Lightroom - I don't like anything about it which is why I've been so happy to - up till this poing - still use ACR - i.e., 12.2.  12.3 is a total disaster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a partial solution. When you activate the cutter and in any case select with the mouse the portion of the photo you are interested in, the almost classic mode is activated ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better solution roll back Bridge and install CR12.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 'decided' to upgrade today and when using I could not find the lens correction feature. Delved into every menu and submenu..no joy. So I downloaded the previous version and although I lost a favorite feature (clarity) it was better than dealing with a kludgy interface. I'm so PO'd w Adobe right now.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate