• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting so there are specific rollback instructions on each page of this growing thread...

HOW TO ROLLBACK ACR 12.2 TO 12.2.1

1. Download the Adobe Camera Raw 12.2.1 installer here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html
  2. Run the installer (you can uninstall 12.3 if you like, but shouldn't need to)
Some have been able to use the latest release of Adobe Bridge (10.1) with ACR 12.2.1. Others, including me, found that Bridge 10.1 was a little wonky once ACR was rolled back. 

(Maybe a restart would help, or maybe you want to mess with getting them working together. I just wanted to be back in business again so I rolled back both apps.)

So here's how to rollback Adobe Bridge to the previous release as well...

1. Open Creative Cloud on your computer
  2. Scroll down to Adobe Bridge
  3. Click the "3 little dots" next to the (Open) button
  4. Click "Other Versions"
  5. Under "Older Versions" find "Bridge (10.0.4)" and click "Install"
That should put you squarely back into your preferred workflow with Bridge and ACR both running the last known "good" release.

Remember not to "Update All" with the next round of releases 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting how criticisms on other boards - specifically replies to Adobe's hired gun "bloggers" - are being blocked and removed, while the authors (pretty much to a person) say absolutely NOTHING about the problems that are creating a tidal wave of backlash against Adobe for the ACR 12.3 debacle.

Strangely enough, I've found quite a few ACR 12.3 "preview" articles on the web, but NONE of them (that I can find) gave any type of "heads up" on the UI and workflow problems. Rather, and quite coincidentally, it seems ALL of the pre-release information is basically the same, and extremely similar to Adobe's official release information. 

Sure, I get it... the hired guns and sponsored gurus are just towing the line, regurgitating paid propaganda and cashing their checks. But real "photography" sites and bloggers should be ashamed of themselves for NOT being independent, reliable voices in the market.

I'm a single individual and working designer / photographer, paying a lot of money for the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. I have a right to be VERY MAD about being blind-sided like this by a software company that I literally depend upon for my livelihood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conspiracy theory / millennial "entitlement generation"  sort of thinking. Change, DOES HAPPEN and one must keep up, not just bitch about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is well worth the price. What did you pay for text books in school? Were they free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the usual Freelance Adobe Evangelists are
1. Not real life user of ACR
2. Sellouts.

If they dare to say something contrary or negative about an Adobe app, they will not receive all the advantages linked to their status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so right. A few years ago I was this kind of freelance Adobe Evangelists for InDesign. I decided to quit just because my dignity and honesty were at stake. Adobe was making a lot of bad decisions for InDesign and the overall attitude of the company started to piss me off. I was an exception, many submitted to Adobe just to keep some advantages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you are apparently new here. Adobe has a LONG history of making UI changes that upset everyone and their brother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Converse: New here (not at all new to Adobe) simply because this change has created off-the-charts upset/pissed off reaction, infinitely more than those previous you mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does have a long history. Of changing GUI and other areas of the software.
Learn to use the new methods or revert to the older version; move on. Those are the only two options that are effective other than complaining which will get you NOWHERE.
Pre-Release spent a lot of time making suggestions about the GUI. LONG before anyone here posted their opinions. The ship has sailed. 

As to so called 'off the charts pissed off reactions, easy to cherry pick reactions praising the GUI. 

"Complainers change their complaints, but they never reduce the amount of time spent in complaining". -Mason Cooley
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again....Rodders and his quotes......must be a bot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew Rodney: "Those are the only two options" -- No, fortunately this is not true, as the free market provides other options. As an extensive user of Topaz PS plugins (and decades-long user of Adobe PS), I for one have been tempted in the past to move to the free Topaz Studio (one of the few viable options that include layers, which I an a heavy user of in PS). Up to now the only thing stopping me from making the switch is the time required for the learning curve to develop the proficient work flow that I have developed with Bridge/ACR. For now, I have reverted to prior Bridge/ACR versions, but this is only a temporary fix. If Adobe fails to listen to the outcry of disgust with this new version, and forces that same time-intensive learning curve to try to regain proficiency with their new UI, I have absolutely no problem using that time to learn the Topaz system and cancel the Adobe subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Alan you can use another product (hence ”move on”).
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use some of the Topaz products. The only thing is that Topaz Support will ignore help requests worse than my cat ignores requests... I gave up on Topaz support; if I cannot figure out something myself, I just move on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a minority like it.
Not the real top daily users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Layman the strangest thing with the third party sites pushing this new ACR UI are the comments respondents are saying how great that ACR is now like LightRoom that they can stop using LightRoom altogether. Adobe unwittingly are killing the use of LightRoom.

Who should really be upset are people with standalone Photoshop subscriptions. They clearly wanted nothing to do with LightRoom. I only started a yearly Photography subscription in 2019 as the bundle included the use of Photoshop and ACR. The only reason I installed LightRoom was to turn off some feature LightRoom Adobe was sending me emails about and the only way to deactivate the settings was to install it. Before 2019 I had been using CS4 for with a 10 year old ACR.

I have been using Bridge and ACR to manage and edit image files since the very first release. Over the years I have looked at a lot of other software to do those things but none are as efficient and productive as a combination as Bridge and ACR including LightRoom.

It's not a matter of learning the new way in the new UX it is a matter of accepting less productive, inefficiencies and more time consuming. The new modern UX Adobe is giving ACR is a cookie cutter consumer based internet webpage layout. It has nothing what so ever to do with a practical GUI for professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Layman the strangest thing with the third party sites pushing this new ACR UI are the comments respondents are saying how great that ACR is now like LightRoom that they can stop using LightRoom altogether. Adobe unwittingly are killing the use of LightRoom.

Who should really be upset are people with standalone Photoshop subscriptions. They clearly wanted nothing to do with LightRoom. I only started a yearly Photography subscription in 2019 as the bundle included the use of Photoshop and ACR. The only reason I installed LightRoom was to turn off some feature LightRoom Adobe was sending me emails about and the only way to deactivate the settings was to install it. Before 2019 I had been using CS4 for with a 10 year old ACR.

I have been using Bridge and ACR to manage and edit image files since the very first release. Over the years I have looked at a lot of other software to do those things but none are as efficient and productive as a combination as Bridge and ACR including LightRoom.

It's not a matter of learning the new way in the new UX it is a matter of accepting less productive, inefficiencies and more time consuming. The new modern UX Adobe is giving ACR is a cookie cutter consumer based internet webpage layout. It has nothing what so ever to do with a practical GUI for professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the repost but the forum software messed up when I tried to edit to correct Kevin's name to Lynam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been lots of complaints. Many many users don't like it, a very few users do. Adobe has indicated they are working on a fix. No announcement as to when that will be available or what the fix will be. In the meantime, your choice is to tolerate 12.3 or revert to a previous version. That link is been provided previously in this thread. Unfortunately, those are your only choices at this point. All I can do is offer my condolences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed the mouse scroll wheel for sizing the spot removal tool and local adjustment brush in the new UI is counter to what is 'normal'. Rotating the wheel forward/backward decreases/increases the size, which is opposite to what Lightroom Classic does and every other program I've ever used! Scrolling the image vertically is also back to front! Simply dreadful QA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging 

Please confirm that Adobe will be (atleast) giving the option to Revert to the old User Interface with in the next update for Adobe Camera RAW. Can you please also provide a ballpark date we can expect to be able to upgrade. 

Thank you in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time an Adobe employee told you, outside an NDA, what Adobe would be proving in a future release of ANY Adobe product. 
You can ask of course. Don't be too upset if you don't get an answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate