• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Separate Settings for Brush, Radial, and Gradient Tools

Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently in ACR, there is only one set of settings that applies to all three of the adjustment tools: Brush, Radial, and Gradient.  If you adjust settings in one tool, then select a different tool, the settings will be the same as what you selected for the previous tool.

This doesn't make sense to me.  I use each of these tools for very different purposes.  Settings for one adjustment tool are completely different from settings for the other tools.  It would make much more sense to have separate settings remembered for each separate tool.  Then when I edit several similar images, the settings I used in the previous image for each of the tools will default to what I used for that specific tool on the last image.

This should be a very simple add.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll to the bottom of the Edit stack and double check the Reset sliders automatically setting.

Does that get you closer?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rikk.

Not really.  That resets the sliders when I leave a tool.  If I go to a different tool then go back, they're all set to default.  Yes, I can select an edit that I had made earlier, but if I'm editing a new similar image, they are reset to default, which is really no better than being set for a different tool.

When that box is not checked, the settings persist when I leave a tool for a different tool or open a new image.  I'm requesting that each tool have it's own settings that persist from image to image.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Not sure Rikk actually read what you wrote, but to have each tool in the box set as you use it is P1 functionality.   Can I again plea for a drawable polygon mask option, which would make a pesky window or whatever much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ash_Mills_Photography You can be sure. 

Many people miss the scroll to get to that option. It is always wise to make sure existing functionality isn't overlooked first. 

Your Polygon tool is part of this request: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/camera-raw-provide-support-for-lasso... 

Looks like it needs some votes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many precisely need to find that post from 2018 before evolution can occur?   I do hope that there is more to product development than watching votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ash_Mills_Photography  There is no precise number. Watching votes is a small - yet important component of product management. Many other factors are in play. 

Anecdotally, I would say it needs more than the 2 votes it currently has. I am going to scour the forum and see if I can find any errant requests that can be merged in to augment the strength of the request. 

Update:  I did find a LrC post that requests the same thing and have merged them together since LrC relies on CR's engine having the tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate