• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Canon .CR3 Camera-matching Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format... making it difficult to get work done. Only slightly surprised that this wasnt planned for beforehand since there still isnt a 64bit version of the adobe programs that i can use on the most current version of MacOS.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain an update for this topic. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Camera Matching Profiles are now available for:

• Canon EOS 90D
  • Canon EOS 250D
  • Canon EOS 850D
  • Canon EOS M6 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M50 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M200
  • Canon EOS RP
  • Canon EOS Ra

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 501 Replies 501
501 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Willie said, they're third-party camera profiles, evidently from colorfidelity.com ($15 each).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks.  I was misreading that.  Thought he meant the third party was the camera vendor rather than a profile vendor.  Is this the team that originally used to make Huelight profiles? I used those with my 5DSR and was reasonably happy with them.  I might try these out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about them other than a quick read of their web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea.  It does look like these are the Huelight profiles.  I'm going to try them out since I had a positive prior experience with them.  I'm sure they will be better than the Adobe profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seems to be the same team previously known as Huelight but now called Color Fidelity. The Medium V2 seems a good match for the in-camera JPEG color rendering and will try it on some jobs today.
Point taken that if a third party can supply these profiles then it shoud be fairly easy for Adobe to offer camera matching profiles for Canon's new cameras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there are no camera matching profiles for the subject camera within Adobe Lightroom Classic.  I was told to request it here.  Please update.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now support for the R5 and R6 CR3 raw format in the latest Camera Raw. 

Still no camera matching profiles for any Canon camera that was released after the EOS R. 😞

I actually ENJOY spending my time in Lightroom (mobile and classic). it'd be fantastic if I could keep my workflow 100% within lightroom with Adobe provided profiles AND still have a good baseline look that matches what the Canon cameras produce in their JPGs. 

(and yes, I know I can build my own profiles.....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the Calibration pane to alter the existing profile for maybe a better match to a camera JPEG which is a non subjective rendering by a ”machine”.
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the Calibration pane to alter the existing profile for maybe a better match to a camera JPEG which is a non subjective rendering by a ”machine”.
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol it boggles the mind that there's support for the R5 and R6 but not the 1Dx MkIII... the flagship pro body... i was excited for the update this week until I saw it didnt add any camera profiles for that... yet again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose what Adobe has posted for a long time needs repeating again:

” Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased.

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles. ”

The last sentence is key to read and accept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1DX Mk3 shares the same Adobe support as the R5 and R6. No camera matching profiles for any of the new Canon cameras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also still strange since they've supported every other 1Dx body up until now and I was told directly by Adobe personel that there WOULD be support for it... possibly within 90 days... in February... and they still maintain that stance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe personal made such a promise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people that I spoke with at Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people that I spoke with at Adobe support.
Ah, so Adobe support, not anyone on the actual ACR or LR team. Perhaps someone in a far off cubical in another country from where either team actually produces the product perhaps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Even though they were US based you're probably right. Why don't you look in to it for us since you seem to be an expert on Adobe and their inner workings? I'm sure we would all appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's all that I need to look for in terms of why you might be waiting for awhile, it's an official statement, here in the forums, from Adobe, not some undefined tech support person:
"Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles.”
If they are produced and shipped, you'll get them, but don't expect, demand they will. But maybe they will. Until then.... There are other options until then, if then ever comes:
  1. Create and edit your own profiles using the free software that is available.
  2. Shoot JPEGs. They you'll get the exact proprietary rendering from the machine called a camera. 
  3. Make edits in the Calibration pane and elsewhere, name a preset "1Dx Vivid" or whatever you want. 
That's the help I can provide at this time. If you need specific help in any of the above, I'd be happy to try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew I did exactly that with my Insta360 OneR which takes both JPGs and DNGs. I used the JPGs as a guideline to tweak the calibration pane. The results are acceptable...   

I can do the same thing with my M6mkII. Shoot in dual mode and try to build a profile... 
I bought a 3rd party profile for the M6mkII and the results are more to my liking than the Adobe ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't work, what is it supposed to say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that link refers to older content that Adobe chose not to retain when they migrated the "community" forums from the old end-of-life Jive platform to the new Khoros platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially it said there are technical limitations preventing them from creating the profiles for the new cameras and they need Canon's help to get around them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos Mejia
>> "I bought a 3rd party profile for the M6mkII and the results are more to my liking than the Adobe ones."

Link, please.

Color Fidelity have not released profiles for the M6ii, but they have put out profiles for the 90D which uses the same sensor/CFA module, so I bought a set and edited the internal camera id fields to M6ii. They work pretty well.

I have also made profiles by sending tifs from DPP to Photoshop, deriving LUTs from them and then making profiles in ACR from the LUTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. What I've also recently heard was cooperation from (in this case Canon but all manufacturers) is necessary and if Adobe could get this, they would like to provide such profiles. Once again with respect to proprietary raws, some manufacturers are making this very difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate