• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate - HTML Publish Error(s) - Could not copy Folder to /....

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot publish any project to HTML5 without getting the "Error(s) - Could not copy Folder to /...." 

I am on a Mac and just upgraded to the latest version of the OS. I am running Monterey Version 12.3.1.

Troubleshooting/Things I've already tried:

• Created a brand new blank project - nope
  • Used a project that had previously been able to publish on a PC - nope
  • Cleared cache - nope
  • Tried publishing it in MANY locations, same error. My project is not located on a shared drive, and I am not publishing to a shared drive
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled - this kind of works, but only the first time I publish. After that, the same error
  • I've installed the special version of Adobe Captivate 2019 that is supposed to play better with mac - still getting the error. 
  • I tried removing all spaces, punctuations, numbers and underscores from my project name and the publish name.  

If anyone has ANY suggestions or things I can try, I am all ears! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to Preview - HTML5 in Browser for any project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Here is the "special version" of Adobe Captivate 2019 that I was referring to:

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/early-build-adobe-captivate-2019-mac-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific version of Captivate 2019 are you on?  Please provide a screenshot of the Captivate screen that you see when you go to the HELP > About Adobe Captivate menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed this version using the link above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly let me state that I am a Windows user, not Mac.  But I can tell you that Captivate 11.8 is now the latest version for Mac OS, and it is very unlikely there will be any further updates to Cp2019.

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/release-note/adobe-captivate-11-8-release-notes.html

I would suggest you try 11.8 and see if it resolves your issues.  I believe the current trial version of Captivate 2019 is now 11.8.  As you can see in the release notes, you can only use 11.8 as part of a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and got the 11.8 install from my IT. 

I uninstalled the older version, restarted my computer, downloaded the new version and installed it. 

I opened up a project and tried to publish and still was unable to. 😞 

I also tried it with a brand new blank project. 

Any other suggestions? I am really hoping I can get it to work with my mac, I would rather not switch to a PC if I dont have to. My entire company is on mac and it makes thing easier for my job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One extra thing you always need to do when reinstalling is to reset your Preferences.  There's a batch file you can run for Macs located inside the Captivate install directory > Utils folder.  It might make a difference (though I doubt it will resolve your issue).

CleanPreferencesMac.png

As I said, I'm not a Mac OS user.  So, my ability to debug your issue is very limited.

The error message you are seeing would appear to be related to system permissions.  It seems that the Captivate application currently does not have the necessary system permissions to create folders on your hard drive when publishing content.

If you have an IT department full of Mac technicians, perhaps one of them knows how to configure an app to have greater permissions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT team and I have tried everything we can think of but for some reason still not able to get it to work. 

Even Adobe support is just like "oh well" so I think captivate and macs are just not meant to be. 

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues.  But I also can't preview my course.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview using HTML5 in Browser? Because same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like others are having the same issue. It might be a new MacOS issue/feature messing with Captivate.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/unable-to-preview-or-publish-on-mac/m-p/1292314...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over my extensive Google-ing it sounded like this problem spanned many versions of Captivate and all versions of the macOS. Our IT team was in communication with Adobe's and the conclusion we reached it just to get a PC. Since, I've not had a single problem. 

Bottom line, Adobe Capitvate is not mac-compatible. Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we reported this error to Adobe, they came back really quickly with a response. They suggested turning off Falcon Crowdstrike (virus protection). We are working with our IT department to set up a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fingers crossed it works! My IT team and I with Adobe help and tried out every possibility we could think of and couldn't get it to work consistently. We would make a change and get it to work for a few days and then back to issues. 

It also always got worse when we needed to update the OS to a new version. So my advice is if you get it to work, avoid updating your macOS for as long as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Any update if adjusting Falcon Crowdstrike resolved your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were able to do some testing last week. When we uninstalled Crowdstrike, preview and published worked. When it was on, they did not work.

To complicate matters, it also seems that different versions of CrowdStrike affect Captivate differently. We found that v6.41 did not affect Captivate, but 6.42 goes back to preventing us from preview and publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 

Our IT security team was able to resolve this error. I am using Crowdstrike 6.43

They were able to add some exclusions to our Crowdstrike app. These changes can only be made through the Crowdstrike admin portal, and need to be added under Sensor Visibility Exclusions.
https://supportportal.crowdstrike.com/s/article/ka16T000000wuI1QAI

Exclusions:
- Applications/Adobe Captivate*/**
- Users/*/Desktop/CaptivatePublished/**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohamed25612528vsed - Thanks for the info!

Am I correct to assume that the CaptivatePublished folder exclusion means you have to publish all your projects to that folder?

Also - with this fix are you able to preview? I am not 100% sure where Captivate puts the temporary preview files.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mohamed25612528vsed's solution was the one our IT department finally went with. It seems to be working fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources