• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG - format issue with light grey or white in the UI

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I posted this as a bug as it is ambiguous.  

Grey or white for on off.  Is white not grey, for the active document but grey not white for the active pubish setting.  See my screen capture where i have two documents open, and the active one is white not grey but below that in the publish settings, the grey choice is active and not the white.

screen cap to illustrate the ambiguityscreen cap to illustrate the ambiguity

A solution would be to change the publish setting to on and off with a slider with green like on an iphone. That would then be really clear and unambiguous, or if adobe doesn't like that idea, then try a yes no checkbox arrangment with a tick or something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your point to some extent, this is not a great example of well-designed UI.  The buttons on the Publish dialog are often misunderstood because Captivate users don't recognise the type of control they are meant to represent. 

They are not tabs (like the ones above that represent open files). The designer of the Publish dialog thought it would be a clever idea to use Push Buttons.  The button that is pushed in (and therefore ON) is shown as a darkker colour.  However, as you have pointed out, this then leads to confusion with other UI elements that represent the active state with lighter colours.  Usability suffers as a result.

Unfortunately, your chances of having a usability flaw like this correct now when Captivate 2019 is around 5 years old is nil.  Many of us have point out this poor design but with no result or even acknowledgement from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought maybe if I label my post title with the word bug, and when adobe do a search of all posts that have the word bug in them whilst getting ready for their next version, they might just come across this.  I'm just guessing they might do a search for the word feature and the word bug before whilst working on their updates.  It's not a really important thing. just a little confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The most recent version has no longer an option to publish to SWF, but indeed, lot of users have pointed out that poor design even during beta testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources