• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 11.8 dropdown issue an image icon appears in HTML5 preview

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thank you for all your helpful tips.

However I am facing an issue with the Dropdown preview in Captivate 9. An icon like a picture icon appears (like below) in the HTML5 preview in the dropdown before clicking on it.

nadinek79579814_0-1682416540776.png

Do you know how to resolve this.

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to help you but need some more explanation:

• Are you indeed still on that old version 9? Please check the full version number under Help, About Captivate. The most recent version (for Windows) is 11.8.1.
  • Where did you take this screenshot? Is it in a quiz slide of the type 'Fill-in-the-Blank'? Or is it a screenshot of the Dropdown learning interaction?
  • What is in the dropdown list? Could you open it an insert a screenshot? A good idea for a dropdown list is to have the longest word at the top.
  • Is this happening in a responsive or a non-responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
- I am working on the version 11.8.0.586
- It is from a question slide "Fill-in-the-blank" where I selected "Dropdown List" instead of "User input".
- It is a non-responsive project
- And I don't know why sometimes the icon appears and sometimes not
This SCORM package is being published on Moodle as well and the same issue is happening on several browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

En français ou en anglais?

That version seems to be rather buggy... from what I have read. 

I see that you did put the longest word on top, so that workaround is not working. Can you try to put some spaces before the words, that has worked in the past for some users? Personally I never use FIB questions but replace them by custom questions using scored and validated Text Entry Boxes. Reason: since over a decade there have always been problems with this type of quiz slide, and it doesn't allow partial scoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my course is in french.
Thank you so much for your time and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try out my suggestion to put some spaces before the words to make them longer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, actually, that what I was doing first, to put spaces before the words, and then I saw the issue (the icon that appears on preview), and after that I removed the spaces before the words. But it didn't resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try to update to 11.8.1? I am not sure it will solve this particular problem.

Another question: which theme are you using? You probably know that the quizzing master slides are part of the theme. If this theme was not created in or update to your present version, that may also cause problems. If I have time later I will check FIB master slides in version 11.8.1 which I have installed on another system. So far on my laptop I prefer 11.5.5.553.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the Blue Veracity theme.

I started my project with my actual version and still on it, I didn't change the version during my project. But sure I will update it and start with a new project as soon as I finish this one, and see if there is still the same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources