• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change wording in Table of Contents

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Table of Contents is it possible to change the text that says "Slide Title" to something else?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sure, just double-click the text and change it.

Or, configure Slide Labels and reset the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, Rick, but is he not talking about 'Slide' and 'Title' in the headers? There is an old workaround somewhere on the Captivate blog.. but cannot find it immediately, was very cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Steve is talking about Slide Labels in the Properties tab.  He's mentioned Table of Contents.  I believe he's referring to the heading in the TOC that says: Slide Title

TOC_SlideTitleHeading.png

If so, then the workaround to change this is to use the same trick that people use when localising these TOC strings for different language outputs.

Just create a text file with the following text in it.

[TOCStrings]

SlideTitle=Module

Duration=Time

ClearToolTip=Wipe State

BookMarkToolTip=book-marking

NoSearch=String not found

CurrTime=what

Name this file as TOCStrings.ini and save it in the folder in which Adobe Captivate is installed. Default path where Adobe Captivate is installed is “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 6”.

For more information, Please refer to the blog post

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/02/changing_default_captions_in_ t.html

Rod Ward

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/troubleshoot-adobe-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that didn't work for me. Maybe because I'm on a Mac. Macs don't use .ini files. However, there is a file called "TOCStrings.ini" in the application folder anyway, but it's a Zero k file. I replaced it but nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go and read that link that I provided in my last post to see the details?

If you did, you would have noticed that it said once you have used the ini file settings in a project file then changes to the ini file from then on do not affect the project file.  The ini settings are cached inside the project file. 

So test the changes to the ini file in a new blank CPTX project file.  Does it THEN show the new TOC strings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - it does. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used the ini tip to translate the TOC but I can't get the message "No matches found" to change to "Aucun résultat" when using :

NoSearch=Aucun résultat

Any idea ?

BTW, where does this list of keywords ("ClearToolTip"...) come from ?

Thanks.

PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but I can't change the text: „No Matches Found“ either. I am using Captivate 8. Does someone know, how to change this string?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard wrote:

Just create a text file with the following text in it.

The text file isn't created at install, it's optional.

By adding it to your system, you create customization that will be added to any new Captivate files you create.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have tried that and in fact I think this is the key to it. But the problem here is, that every string in TOC can be altered with this except the "No Matches Found". I think the variable for it is NoSearch, but whatever I write in it, the "No Matches Found" won't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. Instead of "NoSearch=Whatever text you want" use "NoMatchesFound=Whatever text you want". This seems to work in Captivate 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been searching for a solution since 2 hours and... I am not succesful. I am using Captivate 9. I want to remove or change the words Table of Contents and Slide Title (I understand I can't change the name of the button in the nav bar).

I tried to create a TOCStrings.ini file but when I try to save it in the Adobe Captivate folder it says that I am not allowed to do so (it's my personal computer).

Question: is this thread too old and now there is an easier way to do this simple translation? 

or is it still the way to go and I need to save this txt file somewhere else?

Thank you

Helene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save the file to your Documents folder first, and then copy it over to the Adobe Captivate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note the instructions given earlier on this thread that indicate changes to the INI file may not affect your current project file and may only affect new projects created AFTER you alter the INI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RodWard. I will worry about that once I managed to save that ini file 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably need to save the current INI file out to another folder location (outside the Program Files area) and make the changes to it there.  Then, if you have full Administrator access to your computer, you should be able to save the updated INI file back into its previous location inside the Captivate install directory in Program Files.  Windows will usually prompt you to OK overwriting the INI file currently there, but then it should let you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it worked, even on my "old" file!

TOC.pngBut I can't change "Table of Contents". I tried TableOfContents but it does't seem to be the original string. Do you know what its name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that yesterday and tried again this morning but the problem is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a similar problem,

Is it possible to change the  TOC button on the Playback control to Menu. in the table of contents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Captivate 9, all I see we are able to do is to show the Table of Contents, which adds the TOC button, or not show the Table of Contents, which removes the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a shame - Thanks, will create my own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources