• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customise "Continue from where you stopped last time?" dialogue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to customise the look and feel of the Adobe Captivate dialogue. For example, "Yes" and "No" might be more appropriate responses than "Ok" and "CANCEL". it would be nice to centre the text in the buttons. And if possible, I would like to use our own brand of colours instead of the standard Grey. Any suggestions?

ContinueFromWhereYouStoppedlastTime.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can customize the Dialog box with JavaScript.

You would need to add the script in the index.html file in the part that has the function "lJSLoaded = ture;

Add the bold text. Don't have time to figure out the rest.

var dia = cp.model.data.rtDialog;

dia.rtWarningTitle = "Your Title";

dia.rtokb = "Yes";

dia.rtcb = "No";

dia.rtbgfc = "#20627b" //background color";

lJSLoaded = true;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm a Java novice, but your suggestion seems to make sense. I'll certainly give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is a great tip.  However - with Captivate 2019, for some strange reason when I insert your code into index.html at the designated location,  the menu items the user has already completed are disabled, so they can't navigate backward.  If I leave index.html alone, however, this is not the case.

Any chance you can offer a solution?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! I hit the wrong reply button.  This was intened for TLC Media.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLC Media,

This does give control over the dialog box, but with Captivate 2019 when I insert your code into index.html at the designated location,  the menu items the user has already completed are disabled, so they can't navigate backward.  If I leave index.html alone, however, this is not the case.

Any chance you can offer a solution?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine what would cause that. I've never been able to get the TOC to work on previous slides when resuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the whole issue is that TOC navigation to prior slides after resuming only works correctly once the project is uploaded as a SCORM package to an LMS with reporting on every slide enabled.  It will not work in live preview.

This was documented exactly nowhere that I could find, but Adobe support was able to reproduce the issue and also confirm that once uploaded to an LMS, the TOC functions exactly as expected.

Cheers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources