• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivate Captivate on old computer, activate on new computer.?

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have installed Captivate on my new computer.  It says I need to decactivate it on the old computer (which it never worked there).  How do I decactivate it?

I have looked all over on my plans and products.  But I can not find where to deactivate it on the old computer.

Anyone have an idea?

Kenn.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

I suspect you are talking about a perpetual license, not a subscription license.

Personally I have a subscription license but if my memory is correct, you had to deactivate on the old system from an option in the Help menu. You could have only 2 activations on the same license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account, https://accounts.adobe.com under plans > manage plans.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried I only see this... there is no place to decativate it.

KShinabery212_0-1598191363911.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are talking about a perpetual license, not a subscription license.

Personally I have a subscription license but if my memory is correct, you had to deactivate on the old system from an option in the Help menu. You could have only 2 activations on the same license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved it the license from ACP program.  On the application... I do not see a Help menu. 

It is only activated on the Wacom MobileStudio Pro at the moment... which it never worked on... due to some kind of issue with the software.

But it can work on my new PC Tower. 

So, I have to figure out how to migrate it to this computer.

2020-08-23 16_25_55-Microsoft Edge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got it now... I had to sign out... not deactivate.

So the application message should have said to sign out of the application on other devices, instead of saying deactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry, that is the part which much have changed since I no longer have a perpetual license needing a serial number. It used to be under the Help menu in Captivate, but since you tell that it has never 'worked'. 

If you have any questions about using Captivate, feel free to ask them. Will hurry to help a colleague ACP.

However it is strange that you only have it activated on one system so far, it should be possible to activate on a second system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources