Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty Uploading Video Edited in Premiere into Captivate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!

I've spent hours trying to figure this problem out. It's finally time to call in the experts for help. I have a video needs to be edited and I've done so in Premiere. Regardless of what format I choose to export it out of Premiere, I get this message when I try to upload it into Captivate. The original video will go into Captivate fine...but not the edited one. Even if I choose to export out of Premiere using all the original settings I have no luck. Any ideas of what to look for so that I can get this video into Captivate?

Message in Captivate.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate accepts H264 format. I don't know your export setup in PP. Try to use Adobe Media Encoder to encode to H264 (and to the wanted size in Captivate) to have to the correct codec.

That dialog box is old... dates from the Flash only period where video was converted to FLV (which supported transparency contrary to mp4 and had a smaller file size but is now dead). If you accepted the message CP would probably use AME to do the same conversion I propose. But since it is good practice to use the video in exact the wanted resolution I recommend to do it manually before importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Thanks for answering my post. That's why I'm confused, too...the message seems old, but I've updated Captivate. When I accept that message (which I forgot to mention in my post), it just runs and runs...nothing happens. 😞 Thank you. I'll let you know if I have any other questions. A project that should have been a quick turn around is taking WAY longer than I wanted it to take. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources