• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the color of the matching letter in a matching quiz question in Captivate 8?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default dropdown box has white text with a white background. The text for the questions and answers is black. That doesn't change the dropdown letter to black, though. I've tried changing the default styles, and it only changes the main text, not the letters in the dropdown box. An old post for captivate 5.5 mentions changing the text color to differ from the dropdown answer color, but I want the reverse--the dropdown letter color to match the rest of the text. Actually, I'd take any color that would show up on the default white background for the box.

Please, any answers in layperson terms. I don't know code and am refamiliarizing myself with Captivate after a few years away from it.

Thanks,

Sally

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably should add that it is only on publish that the text color changes to white. When I'm working in the Captivate program, the dropdown text appears black.

Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with Captivate 9. Am really hoping to find an answer here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. did you (or anyone here, especially Adobe) ever find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever discover an answer or workaround to this? I'm experiencing the same issue in Captivate 2017 with a responsive project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you've already found the solution for this, but I figured out that it's based on the color of the text in column 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this really sucks. I am using company colors to develop a module. Dark blue with white text. So now my letters in column A are almost invisible. Changing the text to black may be my only option for the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are amazing - thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @triav68047542 

For anyone else concerend, this is still how Captivate 2019 works. The column 2 text color overwrites the column 1 drop down text color regardless of any changes you make to column 1 styles. Obviously not ideal functionality, but thank you for sharing your observation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that can be somewhat mitigated with a stylesheet change.
1. Publish your project, and locate CPLibrary.css
Locate your assett\css folder, and open CPLibrary.css. I would HIGHLY recommend using Notepad++, or other viewer that will colorize the code to make it easier to read. 

2. Clean up the code to make it readable (optional)
Now Captivate for some reason takes several hundred lines of code, and places it on the very first line of this file, which makes it nearly impossible to read. Iwould recommend copying the entire code, pasting it into something that will clean things up to make it more readable (some place like https://www.cleancss.com/css-beautify/). Then replace the code in the .css file with the cleaned up text. 

3. Do a search, and locate the appropriate CSS classes, and then alter the hexadecimal background color attribute. 
".dd .ddChild" : Background of dropdown
".dd .ddChild li" : Background for available choices
".dd .ddChild li.hover": background for mouseover of available choices
".dd .ddChild li.selected" : Background color of currently selected choice

4. Save your .css file and test

I hope this works for you. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 2019 and still having this issue.

Tried:

Changing the [default question matching style] to black text in the style manager (styles preview is correct, but still appears white in build).

Selected individual items on master and filmstrip instances to back (text turns black on stage, but again, still white in build).

Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve editing the publish css? This is not practical as the file is overwriten on subsequent publishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources