Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to customized quiz and button colour in quiz

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im a user of Storyline but I am considering to change Adobe Captivate mostly because of responsive.    In Storyline, there is freeform quiz that can be customized question and button. For example, when answer is click, answer background hover colour or state is changed. I really want to change submit button background colour but I couldn't find in Captivate. 

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each authoring tool has its design, and quiz design in Captivate will be different.

Feedback immediately after submitting a question is done by the Feedback messages (Success, Retry, Last attempt). During Review the given and correct questions will be indicated. You can read some more details about question slides in:

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Question Question Slides - Part 2 - Captivate blog

There are a few changes since those posts (9 has specific Review buttons). I have to update that post.

You can tweak if you want, but that will mean use of advanced/shared actions. Here is another link, where I explain how you can use shape buttons (only interactive object allowed on quiz slides) on question slides:

Buttons on Question/Score Slides in Captivate 6? - Captivate blog

If you don't like the rather strict rules of quiz/score slide, you can always create custom question slides. There are several use cases on my blog.

MCQ with one correct answer have Advanced Answer options, which you could use to trigger an action where you can add objects, colours as you want.

I don't understand the part about the 'button'? The buttons on quiz/score slides are embedded objects with builtin functionality. They do not behave like normal buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to change color of a Submit button on a Knowledge Check.  I am having trouble following your response above.  Can you simplify the steps for accomplishing this.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Submit button is using the Quiz Button Style, and in most themes it will be a transparent button.  Go to the Object Styles (Edit menu) and look in the Quizzing category for the Submit button. You can change the fill color of the three states there. This is a very old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources