• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable Button Click Sound?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to disable that default click sound with buttons.(Interactions > Button)

There has been many references on the internet to disable the sound from the button properties/options. I don't see that option in Captivate 8 or 9.

Does anyone know if it's even possible?

Thanks!

2015-10-07_10-43-59.png

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

You can do it from the Action Properties panel, select the option to Disable Click Sound.

click.png

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it from the Action Properties panel, select the option to Disable Click Sound.

click.png

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be blind. I swear that option was there before.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - do you know how to do this globally in Captivate 9 instead of on every object?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try this option?

ApplyToAllItemsThisType_buttonClick.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "Apply to all items..." option works for existing objects, but not for new objects created after the fact.  In my experience (using Captivate 9), when I create a new Training Simulation (Recording Mode = Training Simulation), new click boxes created during the recording have the Disable Click Sound checkbox deselected.

I've set up a .CPTL template for our team.  I'd like to configure it such that for all projects started from the template, the Disable Click Sound checkbox is automatically selected for all click boxes as they're created during a recording.  I don't want our IDs to have to change the setting after recording.  Is this possible?

It seems like this setting should be available under one of the following places, but it's not:

• Preferences > Recording > Modes > Training Simulation
  • Preferences > Defaults > Object Defaults > Click Box

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT USE CPTL.  It has major bugs that end up causing Advanced Actions and variables to be duplicated ad nauseum.  Use a normal CPTX file as a 'template' and set it to READ ONLY so that when your team members try to make any changes to it they will be prompted to Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, RodWard, thanks for the tip on CPTL files.  I'll make your suggested change ASAP!

But back to my original question, do you have any insight?  In addition to the Disable Click Sound checkbox, there are other click box settings for which I'd like to change the defaults, but I can't find a way to do so:

• No. of Attempts = 2  (Under Preferences > Recording > Modes > Training Simulation, I've set "Limit Attempts to 2."  This works for click boxes that are automatically created during recording, but for click boxes I manually add, "Infinite Attempts" is selected.  I want *all* click boxes to be set with "Limit Attempts to 2.")
  • Include in Quiz = selected by default; I have to manually deselect it for each click box.  (Just like with the Disable Click Sound setting, the "Apply to all items..." option works for existing objects, but not for new objects created after the fact.  Also, interestingly, this problem only affects click boxes that are automatically created during recording.  For click boxes I manually add, "Include in Quiz" is deselected, the way I want it.)

We've poked around everywhere we can think of in the click box properties, Preferences and Object Style Manager.  We can't figure out how to change these defaults.  Just wondering if there's a hack to set them the way we want, so that our team can create click boxes with consistent settings.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you really have are the options under Edit > Preferences > Recording > Defaults.  Anything above and beyond that you have to manually change after the objects are created.

Log an enhancement request with Adobe if you would like to see more options, but don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the audio volume of the click sound? We don't want to disable it entirely, but have gotten complaints that it's too loud. 

Any help or insight is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate does not provide any UI feature to control this.  You'd have to locate the audio file being played for the click and edit the volume in an an audio editing app.

I would suggest that your REAL issue is probably that the volume of other audio in your application is too low and you needed to increase that volume so that learners were turning DOWN the overall volume and therefore not noticing the click sounds.  

Do you normalise the volume of any voiceover audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources