Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the scroll bar and have captivate fit browser

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

How do I get my captivate project to fit the browser window. It was working fine a few days ago, but now I have an irritating scroll bar as depicted in the attached picture. 

I've tried reducing the resolution slightly but still, the scroll bar seems to be the same size.

Additionally, how can I get the slides listed in the TOC to show the slide name and not just "slide1"?

scrollbar.PNG

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert the image. I have stopped downloading attachments, storing them on my system, opening them with the appropriate application, then delete them. When you just insert the screenshot you'll have more chance to get  an answer.

If you don't see the slide name in the TOC, that means probably that you named the slides after the creation of the TOC. You need to refresh the TOC.

ResetTOC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help with the TOC.

Any takers on the weird scaling issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for inserting the screenshot, was bit tired of downloading attachements.

Scrollbars mean that the fixed resolution is too big for the real estate you have in the browser. It is possible that this is not happening in all circumstances, depends on the space taken up by the browser and the resolution of the monitor.

I suspect it is a non-responsive project? Try to publish with 'Scalable HTML' checked? In that case width or height of the course will be adapted to the space available in the browser (that is what I call 'real estate') and you'll never have scroll bars but the other dimension (Height/width) will not fill up the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Where do I find the scalable HTML option, sorry I'm a bit new to captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scalable.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine looks a bit different for some reason.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG.... you created a responsive project with Fluid Boxes! Sorry, didn't ask because I just saw the scrollbars in your first screenshot.

Apparently something is wrong with the setup of the Fluid Boxes in that case. This is now looking for a neeld in...

A responsive project is supposed to fit in any browser. Which theme did you use? Do you have fluid boxes set up on each slide? Depending on the theme the used master slides can, but not necessarily have fluid boxes to start with. That is for sure the case on quiz slides.

Are you familiar with setting up Fluid Boxes? 

Before adding more tips, now really need to know the exact version number you are using. You can find it under Help, About Captivate. Full number please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the blank template.

Yes, I have a title, content (in the centre with some slides split in two), and button (at the bottom) fluid boxes on each slide.

2019 release 11.0.1.266

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Blank theme (not a template) and in any theme you have Blank master slides.

If each slide has a fluid box the Primary fluid box (covering the slide) should take care of adapting to each browser size. That is not the case for you, which means you have objects which are NOT in a fluid box and force a bigger size. Can you check to see if all objects are IN a fluid box?

Any reason you didn't update to the most recent version 11.5 which has tons of new features and was free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double-checked now and it seems all are within the main fluid box for the slide and all items are locked to their individual fluid boxes.

I scaled the project down to 1900 x 929 and it removes the scroll bar but makes it slightly smaller than the browser "real estate"

Will update to the latest version now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all object have a dimmed Timeline? That is the real proof they are in a fluid box, the checkbox for Lock to Fluid Box not necessarily.

Did you check on different resolutions for the browser? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All are dimmed except for the audio and the zoom_sources, could these be the problem?

When I try on other resolutions it scales fine. It seems its just 1920x1080 in maximized

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not audio. What do you mean by 'zoom_sources? 

1920/1080 is a 16/9 format. Did you try different browsers? Each browser takes up different amount of px horizontally and vertically. Which other resolutions did you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the slides ive  got zoom area objects.

I measure the chrome browser at 1920x969, this resolution gives me the scroll bars, I've tried reducing this resolution in increments of 1 percent and the scroll bars only disappear at 1882x931 but then its slightly smaller than the browser real estate.

I tried the browser set at 1366x768 and 1440x900,  both work well.Even when I set the browser window to 1920x1080 using a chrome extension it works fine, but as soon as I click the square to maximize the windows the scroll bars pop up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources