• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to put a Knowledge question in a random frame

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a interactive video I want to put a Knowledge question for the first time in a specific frame but if the user gets the answer wrong, I want to bring the user back to the beginning and show to the user another question(randomly) in another random frame different from the previous one. Is possible to do it? if it is possible, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to navigate the learner in the interactive video, based on the Fail status. But Knowledge Check slides, which are the only slides allowed in Interactive video  can never be taken from a question pool. That is only possible for real quiz slides. I don't see an easy way to do this.  

Even if you use real question slides from a question pool, which should be real slides, not overlay slides on the video, a new random question cannot appear automatically. You would have to program this using JS, having all the questions in the project and setting up full custom navigation using random numbers (JS) to start with. 

Here are some links with more detailed explations:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-interactive-video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Is possible to bring the user to a determinate frame with cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume and from that frame bring it to a determinate slide with cpCmndGotoSlide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you post the same question again? I just did see it appear. It may be due to you being new in this forum, but double posting is not a very nice practice. We are all users here, and I have read now the same question twice today. I will direct other users to this original thread in the other one, which is one of my tasks as (free) moderator.

Are your new questions linked to the solution I posted, where you would insert normal quiz slides in between video parts? I have to tell you that I did try this out using the Movie Control system variables you are mentioning (which I know very well since I have been using and blogging about them) but the result was disappointing. 

cpCmndGotoSlide works quite well, be careful because its index starts with 0, so the first slide has index 0. However do nt expect perfect navigation within a large project with frame system variables, especially if you are talking about video slides. For interactive video you should prefer to use bookmarks, not frame numbers. Here is a link to a tutorial (have a blog as well) where I use the frame variables to create a Reset button:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/replay-slash-reset-slide-2-captivate-tutorial

Can you explain more in detail how you planned ot use those variables, probably in a new situation than just on one interactive video slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources