• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to return to State that was changed

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a slide that has an area that has an image that is used for the change of state. I have created an Advanced action that will allow text to apprear in the same space as the image.What I want to know is if there is a way, once the text is read (there is an audio file) I can return back to the original state. And is there a way to hide all the buttons that are shown on the screen when the state is revealed. I am including screen shots of what I have done with the slide as well as what is shown when the program is ready to be used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not program much and am thinking that this was way above me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, it would save a lot of time if you inserted the images instead of attaching them. Use this button:

InsertImage.png

You were lucky, because often the opened images will just remain blank.

There is a very important image missing: the Timeline panel, because it would show where the slide has pausing points.

Second question: which buttons do you want to hide while the text state is showing? I see a Next button which is clearly custom, but I am not sure about the buttons down right, which may be from a default Captivate playbar?

First state tip: you can attach the audio to the state instead of needing an extra Play Audio command. That will spare some time.

To solve your request: you'll need the Delay Next actions command but read till the end because you may have problems because the slide will not remain paused. To be sure about that I would need answers to my previous questions.

This is a draft for the advanced or shared action:

Change state...          which will include the audio in the state

Hide Gr_buttons      to hide the buttons, grouped, which you want to hide

Delay Next actions by x seconds        where x is the duration of the audio clip

Show Gr_buttons

Change state to Normal....

Beware: if the slide is paused by a pausing point (probably on the Next button, but if the other buttons are also custom maybe on all), and you hide those buttons the slide will not remain paused. You may need in that case the Pause command in the action or another solution (don't pause On Exit). I can only confirm this after all the forementioned questions, inc. Timeline screenshot are answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The buttons I want to hide are the blue, green, and silver buttons. The next button I want to appear once all the states have been visited.

Here is the timeline for my slide. Thank you about adding the image, I was unaware and will embed in the future.

Diane

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.35.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hiding the buttons (as group) will take out the pausing points and the playhead will continue and eventually get to the next slide. The Next button is hidden, and that means its pausing point is also not functional. I predicted this possible problem in my first comment.

You'll have to tweak. I am still confused: it looks like you are on a Fluid Boxes responsive project, but none of the objects on the Timeline are dimmed. That means you don't use any normal fluid box, only static fluid boxes? Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources