• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it impossible to auto play a project in a browser?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - please see the brief article below. It seems to say that my HTML or responsive course will not auto play in a browser. Captivate adds a "play button slide" to the top of my project to take me to the first slide. I would prefere for the project to begin with my actual first slide.  Is there any way to achieve this?

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/user-guide.html/captivate/kb/captivate-responsive-courses-not-auto...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try some of the ideas found in this thread to see if they will help.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/so-you-re-looking-to-get-rid-of-that-white-screen-with-play...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stag, thank you for both of your respnses. I looked at your video and the other blog posts. Just to be clear though, your solution still leaves the "Play" button slide at the top of the project--it just removes the play button. I want to remove that slide altogether. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what else to offer.

The code should effectively blow past that "slide" and take you to the first slide in your project.

That means your learners don't have to click on it and they see your project.

The play button "slide" is not part of the slide count and I am not currently aware of a solution that would actually eliminate that "slide". Not saying there isn't a way but just that I don't have an answer to it.

It should be noted that this does not affect the auto play of audio on your first slide. It merely presents the first slide in your project. Learners still need to interact to get the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Really appreciate the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stagprime, dont mean to be a pest but I just though about what you wrote. Could I edit the html file to not only remove the play button but to also remove the fast forward/rewind buttons at the bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the playbar...

For that, instead of a post-publish hack, I would just go to Project >> Skin Editor

and uncheck the items you want to remove from the playbar. (see pic)

Personally - I never use the playbar at all - 100% custom nav for me

Stagprime_1-1613136671132.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stagprime, thank you. I now have what I need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playbar is only useful for simple linear projects.  Besides for testing (although I mostly use TOC navigation) I never use it for a project, always provide custom navigation. Creation of buttons is very easy since you can have them on master slides or timed for the rest of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thread.

Same ideas but some more discussion on the topic for reflection.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/09/html-player-chrome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One solution is to simply incorporate it into your project. You can simply make the ironically called auto-play image your title slide of your course. It won't contain any audio but here is an example of what it might look like.2021-02-21_21-25-01.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources