Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines in object group disappear

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Captivate 9 I'm creating a slide in which I have groups of objects that contain lines. However, the lines do not show up when I preview the project nor when I publish it. I've attached a screenshot below. You'll notice a space between the circle objects and the squares containing dates where the lines should appear. I've tried deleting the lines and drawing them in again and changed their properties around, but I can't get them to appear. Thanks. Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 11.37.24 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Hi Rwaingor,

Generally this is caused by the object being lower in the "z order" Basically its under another object. I would ungroup the objects and see if that resolves the issue, If not check to see the order of the objects in the grouping.

Cheers

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rwaingor,

Generally this is caused by the object being lower in the "z order" Basically its under another object. I would ungroup the objects and see if that resolves the issue, If not check to see the order of the objects in the grouping.

Cheers

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check whether the line objects are set to be Visible in Output in the Properties tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked. While it's a kind of pain to move ungrouped objects around like that it did work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the timeline and the stage, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I am having the same issue - but in my case, the same group used on one slide displays just fine:

chane03_0-1606989599109.png

But on the other slides the group (used twice) does not display correctly when previewing or publishing:

the short horizontal line goes missing - the below screenshot is just from my edit window so they display

fine, but to give you an idea of what it should look like:

chane03_1-1606989713631.png

And here is a screenshot from the preview window showing the line disappearing:

chane03_2-1606989883276.png

I've tried ungrouping; I've also tried "bring to front", but that does not fix my problem.

The lines are set to be visible in the properties tab as well.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Line object has always been troublesome, and you are using it in a Reponsive project, probably with Fluid Boxes. That will not make situation easier.

My approach is to avoid the Line object whenever possible. Some workarounds:

• Use a rectangle shape, with the drawback that you cannot have a thickness of line smaller than 4pt. Since it is a responsive project this applies only to the desktop version.
  • Use a SVG if you have access to a vector application like Illustrator. In this case I would create the whole group as one SVG. Only the width/height ration is important.

Sorry, not what you expected but just want to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have gone with the SVG route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources