Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Hotspots invisible in VR slides?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot seem to find anywhere to make the Hot-spots invisible or reduce their opacity in order to have them as buttons in a VR slide but invisible so that users need to click around to hunt for the hot-spots.

Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a custom image, and create a GIF or PNG which is just has transparent pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, I have done this and it is fine but very limiting. At this stage I would have thought a lot more flexibiity would be available in Captivate to be able to have a button in different states so that they can be use based on the need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve, that's weird. When I try and insert an image from the hotspots menu, I can only seem to insert a JPG. Even if I create the JPG in Photosop with empty content, it still makes a JPG with a white BG. Which kinda defeats the purpose. Transparent PNG would be awesome, but unfortunately it won't let me.
Captivate 2019 : 11.5.4.613 Macintosh

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh. My bad. The Options button at the bottom allows you to view the appropriate filetype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have answered this elsewhere... two days ago, with a screenshot for Windows (have no Mac):

HotspotPNG.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources