• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Captivate Project Not Showing Custom Buttons in Preview After Saving

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Captivate 2019, version 11.5.5.553 on Windows 10.

An issue is arising in a responsive project where custom "Prior" and "Next" buttons are not remaining on the slide when previewing either as Live Device or Project once the project is saved and reopened. For example, some edits were made to the text captions since they were not remaining on the slide the entire time and when the project was previewed, the "Prior" and "Next" buttons were present but when the file was closed and then opened again later and previewed, these buttons wouldn't appear. The project is a SCORM package and when published and uploaded to the LMS, the buttons are present but if I go back in that same file afterward and preview, the buttons are not present in the preview modes. I am at a loss on how to troubleshoot or what the problem might be. There is a quiz within this project but I have checked the settings and do not see anything out of place.

I have an image and a short video of what is being experienced. The image shows the timeline as well as one of the slides where the button not appearing upon re-entering the project and preview occurs. The video is what is experienced when the project, when previously previewed shows no issues, is saved, closed, opened again, and then previewed.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Please insert the screenshots, do not attach them. Attached images needed to be downloaded to my system, opened in a graphics application, and after watching have to be deleted. An inserted image or video link is visible right away. Sorry, but it takes too much time to download everything.

I wonder if this is linked with a corrupt theme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but can you please insert screen capture images, and link to videos? Attachments need to be downloaded and then opened in an application, later on deleted again. That takes too much time.

It is not clear to me: are you talking about Question slides? The embedded buttons on question slides cannot just be replaced, you are limited to either transparent, image or text buttons (the three older styles). You can set either of them as default Quiz button style in the Object Style manager or the Quizzing master slides. Was that the case?

You are in a responsive project: with Fluid Boxes or with Breakpoint views? I downloaded that screenshot, and did see that the button is overlapping with a text container, which is not allowed on a quiz slide. The only static fluid box is the one with the feedback messages. Buttons are in a normal fluid box. If this is indeed a default quiz slide in a Fluid Boxes setup, some rules have not been respected.

For content slides similar rules apply but you can use any button type. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I was not referring to the question slides initially but after reading your reply I went back and looked at the Question slides and the individual who made this project did create some custom navigation buttons on both the Question Slide and Quiz Results slide that could have been accomplished using the button options the Quiz slides provide. I removed his custom buttons and selected the ones needed. The other slides though in which the custom "Prior" and "Next" buttons are disappearing are content slides that are directed by the advanced answer option on the question slide.

We are in a responsive project with fluid boxes, not Breakpoint views. I agree there are issues with the buttons overlapping and there are instances where the buttons need to be in their own fluid box and not in the fluid box with the image, which I made known to the individual working on this project. I went ahead and corrected both the overlapping and fluid box issues (at least I believe I did). Initially, in the preview project and live preview on devices, everything worked fine but once I closed Captivate and reopened the project, the buttons on the content slides would disappear in preview. I did the live preview in both Chrome and Firefox. 

Below are direct links to screen recordings and some screen captures so they don't have to be downloaded.

• Captivate 1st Project Preview - This was recorded after I made some edits. "Prior" and "Next" buttons are visible and functional.
  • Captivate Project Preview After Reopening - This was recorded about 5 minutes after the previous video. I closed Captivate, reopened, and went to preview the project, "Prior" and "Next" buttons are gone on the content slide prior to the Question Slide and on those content slides directed from the advanced answer option.

Additional screen captures of some content slides in which the buttons disappear:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it looks like the screen captures I uploaded are not very clear, here are better direct links:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please insert the screenshots, do not attach them. Attached images needed to be downloaded to my system, opened in a graphics application, and after watching have to be deleted. An inserted image or video link is visible right away. Sorry, but it takes too much time to download everything.

I wonder if this is linked with a corrupt theme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources