• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM settings - course not working on LMS provider website - missing key-pair-id query parameter

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working with our Learning Platform provider on hosting our SCORM content on their platform, despite a few different attempts exporting SCORM content with different settings, we are still unsuccessful. They can successfully host the content on their mobile platform but on the web version they get the following error:
MissingKeyMissing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value

They asked me to consult with the Adobe Captivate provider. Any idea what might be causing this issue? Is it due to wrong settings/export options?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

To find out what is the culprit, test the published course on SCORM Cloud, please!

If it is functioning correctly in that standard LMS, you need to find the problems in the LMS, not in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find out what is the culprit, test the published course on SCORM Cloud, please!

If it is functioning correctly in that standard LMS, you need to find the problems in the LMS, not in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find out why, please test the course published on SCORM Cloud, please!

If it works fine in this standard , you should check for issues in the LMS and not in Captivate.

Moderator: do not hide URLs in an answer, which is a copy of an already given answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things I would confirm is what version of SCORM your LMS provider is using. It looks like you have selected SCORM 2004. Keep in mind there are three possible versions of 2004, plus the earlier version 1.2. Also, xAPI and AICC may be possibilities as well.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thx everyone for your advise, I've performed tests on my side which gave the positive results, the LMS provider is now investigating on their side.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

The LMS provider did an investigation on their side, and they are now suggesting the resaon for them getting an error might potentially be the flash player, which hasn't been properly removed. See attached the way I published my file, is there anything different I need to do to remove the flash? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong with the Publish, you are publishing to HTM5.

However, I would take out the spaces from the title of the document. Avoid such long names when publishing, and do never use spaces, replace them by underscore if you really need all those words in a document name.

Normally all non-HTML features would be left out or replaced by static images. Did you include software simulation slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your settings show that you are NOT publishing to Flash SWF but only to HTML5.  

When Captivate publishes to HTML5 there should not be any SWF files in the output.  Try publishing your project and then searching the output folder for *.swf.  If there are any SWF files in the output then that should find them.

Do you get any hits for SWF in out put?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shorten up the title and replaced the spaces with the underscores. I have done the search for *.swf - it doesn't find anything, which is good. I will reshare with the vendor and we will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Despite the little tweaks I made, the Learning Platform provider still reports the problem with playing the content on the web, they were able to make it work on their mobile app though. They advised me to check whether the SCORM extracts are web responsive? I believe they are.....What could be causing this problem? Any other hints would be appreciated. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who exactly is getting this error? Is it you when you attempt to access the content, upload the content, or is it them when they upload the content for you.

This error is usually associated with not allowing cookies, or popups or sometimes when your company blocks certain websites. I would check with my IT department. Make sure the LMS is on the approved websites list and also check your browser's settings for allowing third-party cookies and allowing popups.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's them when they try to upload my content on their platform. What should I ask them to check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have indicated above, you were able to prove there are no SWF components in your HTML5 output.  So that means the "Flash Player" cannot be the issue because there's no Flash content.

Now any LMS company is really a software company, and that means they have programmers and other IT professionals in their employ. Any programmer worth his salt will know how to use console.log() in a web browser to view exactly what part of code is triggering an error.

So far, the errror messages they have been giving you look more like error messages from their own code, not the console.  They're the sort of error messages that programmers build into their code as they build a software app so that they can debug it.

So, ask your LMS provider to show you a detailed screenshot of the browser console that indicates what the web browser is saying as an error.  If SCORM Cloud doesn't show any errors when playing the same content, this issue MUST be something related to how this LMS has been designed to work.  If it truly were an issue with Captivate's SCORM output then you would be expecting to see SCORM Cloud also unable to play it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Rod. If an LMS company was running into errors while other LMS companies don't have these errors and you or your company is paying them to be your LMS provider, you should not have to tell them how to troubleshoot this problem. My feeling is that this is their problem and you can prove that it is.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources