• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.svg files not supported on my LMS, is it possible to remove them?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project that I wanted to host on Thinkific. According to their website they support Adobe Captivate so long as it is not a SCORM file. Okay, I created and exported as html5 and recieved an error. After weeks of back and forth with their customer support they finally mentioned that the reason i'm getting an arror is because they don't support .svg files... Is there any way to remove those from the project? They appear to be default on any new project because I tried making a blank document and even that had .svg files in it! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell which version you are using? The full version number can be found under Help, About Captivate.

AFAIK no theme is using SVG-files by default, whether you are on version 12 or an older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using both New Captivate 12.1.0.16 and Classic 11.8.2.254. I built my module on version 12 but when I started having trouble I switched back to classic Captivate and made a brand new blank document. Published it at html5 with reporting off, didn't add any content and there is still a .svg file =/ I cannot seem to find a setting option to change them ino jpeg or PNG files. I'm sure I could take forever to replace each of the navigation buttons manually and such but there has got to be a better way I hope. 

I attached some screenshots... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SVG file in the blank Captivate 2019 (Classic) project is only ever used if you have a hotspot quiz question in your quiz.  The SVG shows where the learner clicked on the screen.  Even though you DO NOT have a quiz question in your project, this hotspot file still gets loaded in with all the other small default navigation files, most of which are also not used.

Back when Flash / SWF was being used, that animated hotspot was an SWF file.  When Adobe removed all SWF files from Captivate they replaced the hotspot animation with an SVG file. 

However, the good news is that you can change the hotspot graphic in the quiz question to be an animated GIF file instead of the SVG.  The animation file is specified in the Quiz tab settings for the HotSpot question.

HotSpot_Animation.png

I have attached the animated GIF that I created and use for my own projects so that you can see what it looks like.

HotSpot_RED_67x67px.gif

If you want to ensure the default SVG file  is never loaded with your HTML output, just find and delete it from the Gallery folder in the Adobe Captivate install directory on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I am in a different time zone.

Indeed, when published the Assets\HTMLImages has multiple SVGs but I assumed they were not a problem if you don't have slides using Hotspot question (see answer Rod) or 360° slides. My bad, I never used a LMS not supporting SVGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources