Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading SCORM files to Moodle

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all:

I'm building a website in Moodle 4.0. I'm uploading many SCORM packages created in Captivate 2019 (Mac IOS 11.6.7 Big Sur). However, Zip packages don't upload and I get the following message.

Incorrect file package - missing imsmanifest.xml or AICC structure

When publishing I set:

- Publish for devices

- Zip files

-Audio Settings - Custom

- Display score - No

- Mobile Gestures - Yes

- Geolocation - No

Accessiblity - Yes

eLearing Output - disable

Can someone help me with this issue?

Sincerely,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Under Quiz > Quiz Settings you need to select the checkbox for Enable Reporting for this Project and then configure the options the way you want.

If you are using Moodle, make sure you select it from the drop-down list at the top of the settings dialog.  Moodle still uses SCORM 1.2 (as far as I know).  Also, make sure you enter some more meaningful data into the Manifest dialog.  Many Captivate users forget to do this.

The top Course fields are for the overall name and ID of the course.  Tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Quiz > Quiz Settings you need to select the checkbox for Enable Reporting for this Project and then configure the options the way you want.

If you are using Moodle, make sure you select it from the drop-down list at the top of the settings dialog.  Moodle still uses SCORM 1.2 (as far as I know).  Also, make sure you enter some more meaningful data into the Manifest dialog.  Many Captivate users forget to do this.

The top Course fields are for the overall name and ID of the course.  That can stay the same for each module that belongs to the same course.  However the lower SCO part of this dialog should show a different name and unique identifier for each separate module in the course.

You might also want to consider bundling these SCO zip files using the Adobe SCORM Packager tool that comes with Captivate.  This allows you to create a multi-SCO SCORM zip package that has a customised imsmanifest.xml file that lists all modules in the course.  Moodle accepts this package and creates a Table of Contents that you can optionally show or hide from users.  The benefit of this is that as your users work through the modules the TOC in Moodle will show the completion and pass/fail status of each module.  Many more expensive LMSs still do not have this very useful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rod.

Your detailed answer helped me solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I have no experience with Moodle. Just popping in to tell that some LMSs only accepts SCOs, which are set up in the way that Rod has described extensively by turning on Reporting. When creating a SCO you'll don't have to check the zipping option because it will be done automatically.

However other LMSs (maybe Moodle as well) do accept zipped packages like the one you created so far, but that needs to be done with another workflow. That is the case for Blackboard: you have to explain to the LMS which file to use after unzipping (happens automatically) to launch the course. In this case it would be index.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources