• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Windows 10, screen resolution - small. Tried adjusting screen resolution but does not adjust for Captivate 9. Suggestions?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015-12-06 (7).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Can you please see the DPIAwareness setting in AdobeCaptivate.ini file in the installed directory.(C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64)

If you are on Win 10 on High DPI machine then by default Captivate gets launched in DPI unaware mode, in Which OS resolution or scaling will apply to Captivate Elements as well. Here DPIAwareness will be set to "0" by default.But in this mode capture is not expected to work as intended. So in order to make Capture work you need to turn the DPIAwareness setting to "1" in AdobeCaptivate.ini file.

If DPIAwareness = 1 then OS resolution or scale will not affect any of the Captivate handled elements like welcome screen and all menu options like the one you are facing.

Close captivate, Open AdobeCaptivate.ini file in a text editor launched in admin mode, change the DPIAwareness to 0 if its 1.Save it. Then relaunch captivate.

If this does not resolve your issue can you please give us Machine Config and Resolution settings?

Thanks

Devraj

Captivate Engineering team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I changed the DPI awareness to 1 and saved.  This did not work.

The config is 64 bit Operating System, x64 based processor.

The resolution is 3000 x 2000 (which is recommended)

Changed this to 1920 x1080 appears to be all set for now.

Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem with Windows 10 and Captivate 8.  I had been working as normal for several months, then suddenly noticed that the screen had changed for Captivate.  The menus and fonts are all tiny, which I could work with, but when I tried to capture a software simulation, the red frame was very small.  I resized the object I was trying to capture, but when I did the capture, it takes a capture of what was in the red frame as well as more area outside it.  It appears to be the same size that was captured before the screen changed, but there is no way for me accurately size the object that I want to capture.

I don't know exactly what triggered this change in Captivate.  None of my other programs are affected. 

I tried the remedy in the reply above, but there is no DPIAwareness setting in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file.  Perhaps because I have Captivate 8.

If anyone, has figured this out since the original post, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bad news, Captivate 8 was not compatible with Win10 at all. Only CP9 and CP2017 are compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is well.  A second attempt at installing and reinstalling has resolved the issue.  I am back to work.

I have been successfully using Captivate 8 with Windows 10 for about 6 months, so I am not worried about the compatibility. 

Thanks for the response!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found on another forum that if you change your display to have the larger display (I have 2) to the "main" display and re-open Captivate 8 it fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with the Adobe font size after updating the dot ini file. Luckily its only a trial subscription. Running the Adobe Captivate software on a surface Pro laptop with Windows 10 x 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been running the most recent version (11.5.1.499) and previous versions without any problem on a Surface Pro with Win10. What is the display percentage? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources