Highlighted

Hiding Answers in an Assessment Simulation

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an assessment simulation where the user must type in their answer choices. Everything works fine except if the user enters the incorrect answer, when they retake the assessment, the answers they previously entered automatically populate. Any suggestions for how to hide these answers when the user has to retry the assessment again? I am fairly new to Captivate and haven't created any advanced actions for the assessment but have a feeling this may be the route I need to go. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hiding Answers in an Assessment Simulation

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an assessment simulation where the user must type in their answer choices. Everything works fine except if the user enters the incorrect answer, when they retake the assessment, the answers they previously entered automatically populate. Any suggestions for how to hide these answers when the user has to retry the assessment again? I am fairly new to Captivate and haven't created any advanced actions for the assessment but have a feeling this may be the route I need to go. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show some screen shots of this issue so that we can better understand what you are seeing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question correctly, you talk about a software simulation in Assessment mode. The learner needs either to click in a particular location or to fill Text Entry Boxes. You don't have the attempts left to Infinite on slide level, but wants multiple attempts on Assessment level. After each attempt the entry in the TEBs should be cleared?

If that is what you want to do, I would take these steps:

• Create an empty user variable, I mostly label it v_null (see blog post http://blog.lilybiri.com/where-is-null-in-cp2017)
  • Create a shared action which will look like this:
       Assign v_TextEntryBox with v_null
       Continue
    the only parameter in that shared actio will be the associated TEB variable.
  • Apply that shared action On Enter for each slide where you have a TEB, and give the correct parameter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0