Highlighted

How to change your community username

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community!

If you'd like to change your community username/screen name, you can do so via your Adobe ID settings. 
We're aware of an issue that affects this feature, so this may not work for you. Our team is working on a fix, although it's taking longer than expected.

In the meantime, if you'd like your username changed please read these guidelines:

1. You can only request this change once

2. It can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), periods (.), underscore (_), and dash (-).
    It shouldn't contain:
    - Private information (PII) such as your email address
    - Symbols apart from the ones stated above. For example @&"=`'
    - A sequence of the allowed symbols. For example -_Abc_-
    - The word 'Adobe' or any Adobe product

3. It can't be promotional, for example, a website

4. It can't be offensive and should comply with our Community Guidelines

5. Search for users in the community to make sure your desired username is available

Now on to requesting your name change!
Simply reply to this post with your desired username and an employee will action your request if it complies with all the items shown above. Once this has been done, your reply to this post will receive a 'like' from whoever did it 🙂

Thank you!

Topics

Community Information, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change your community username

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community!

If you'd like to change your community username/screen name, you can do so via your Adobe ID settings. 
We're aware of an issue that affects this feature, so this may not work for you. Our team is working on a fix, although it's taking longer than expected.

In the meantime, if you'd like your username changed please read these guidelines:

1. You can only request this change once

2. It can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), periods (.), underscore (_), and dash (-).
    It shouldn't contain:
    - Private information (PII) such as your email address
    - Symbols apart from the ones stated above. For example @&"=`'
    - A sequence of the allowed symbols. For example -_Abc_-
    - The word 'Adobe' or any Adobe product

3. It can't be promotional, for example, a website

4. It can't be offensive and should comply with our Community Guidelines

5. Search for users in the community to make sure your desired username is available

Now on to requesting your name change!
Simply reply to this post with your desired username and an employee will action your request if it complies with all the items shown above. Once this has been done, your reply to this post will receive a 'like' from whoever did it 🙂

Thank you!

Topics

Community Information, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please update mine to: ad4m_s1mpkins

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'd like my community username to be : ShiveringCactus

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember changing it but I have just spent over 4 hours with support and was passed along by 7 differeent people, all who could not give me an answer.

How do you find out if your NOT allowed a change?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear about your experience!
If you've tried to change it via your settings and it doesn't actually change here in the community, that's how you know. I don't think the system gives you any error messages.
Would you like me to change your username to something else? Just say what and if it complies with the above, you should be fine 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great.

My Adobe Username is SDNarrativeMedia, could it be the same?

Thanks

Vic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This account accidentally logged me in while I was trying to sign up for a new, personal account.  Can you please set this username to EMP Share, to better reflect the company we are managing it for. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines