Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not share desktop with Adobe Connect

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 32bit with Firefox 3.6.
I recently tried Adobe Connect to share my desktop. But it didn't work.
I can share Document/Whiteboard.
But when I try to share whole desktop, addin launches, but simply remains white with the text: "Loading Adobe Connect...". And then firefox crashes.
Please let me know if anybody knows solution for this.
Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Desktop application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello a8j8i8t8, I am having the exact same problem with one of my teachers: The issue lies with the Add-in. When they access their room, they can share previously uploaded presentations, and the whiteboard, but once they choose to share something under "My computer" they are prompted to load the Add-in. As they go through the download/install process, and the room screen 'refreshes'; when Adobe tries to reopen the room, Adobe hangs. We see just a half-open window. Any attempts to RE-ENTER the room are not successful either. [Hence, then delete the add-in in order to gain access to the room, but once they try to share the desktop... ]

I believe the issue is the school districts network-wide filtering system (no one can go to certain web sites) OR their filtering program's firewall. However, I can find nothing (so far) in the Adobe Support world that can tell me *what exactly* needs to be 'opened' on the firewall...

So I feel your pain a8j8i8t8, maybe if more folks chime in with this problem someone will answer.

Penny

System: Windows 7

Browser Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, problem is not the firewall.

I can share the desktop using Adobe Connect on Windows 7 with IE8.

As I have mentioned earlier, I'm facing problem on Ubuntu 10.10 with Firefox 3.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2011 Feb 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to see this posting from Adobe SUpport that lists known issues with Adobe Connect and Ubuntu:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/877/cpsid_87793.html

Other option would be to reinstall the meeting addin and make sure you have Adobe Flash 10.1 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to pass on....

Adobe Connect requires the following ports to be open all the time if using a non-SSL connection:

port 80, 443, and 1935 (RTMP traffic)

If you organization has setup SSL, then all traffic goes through port 443.

Normally, ports 80, 443 are open on my firewalls but a lot of firewalls do not know about port 1935 and they have to be opened by the firewall administrator.

As for the Ubuntu issue.  Here are the requirements for the system to work on Ubuntu:

Linux

Presenter/Hosts: Ubuntu 10

Attendees: Ubuntu10; Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 4.x, 5.x; Novell SUSE® 9.x or 10.x

Mozilla Firefox 2x or 3x

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for all users (hosts, presenters, participants, and administrators)

I would suggest reinstalling Flash and then reinstalling the add-in. I suspect some corruption has happened here. Otherwise, you may want to call into Support and log a ticket so they can take a look at the log files and figure out why it is hanging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the known issues with C8 Add-in for Ubuntu:

2712949The 'Make Offline’ recording function is not implemented in the Linux Add-in
2679943Launching a meeting for the first time in Linux requires a dependency on Flash Player security settings
2697245Unable to launch a meeting in Flash Player 10.1.x from a Connect server configured with SSL on Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) with Firefox version 3.6.4 and up
2663672Sharing audio in the Adobe Connect Add-in for Ubuntu may result in no audio playback in the Connect Meeting room. The workaround is to add ?launcher=false to the room URL, loading the room in the Flash Player first, then relaunching the room in the Ubuntu Add-in
2687985Enabling, then disabling full screen in the Adobe Connect Add-in for Ubuntu leaves an artifact on the desktop
2687985VOIP with Speex codec is not working properly in the Linux Add-in
2738565The "Yes" and "No" buttons within the Lightning Download dialog of the Add-in are intermittently not clickable on a Mac
2694075After configuring software SSL, the Adobe Connect Meeting room may not be launched in the Linux (Ubuntu) Add-in

The icons of certain applications do not appear when requesting to share an Application within the Adobe Connect Linux Add-in

Make sure that you configure Adobe Flash security controls by going here after installing Connect Add-in:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

You can fix this issue in Ubantu by going to global setting page mentioned below:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

and then by selecting always allow radio button.

flash.jpg

Thanks,

Hitashi Garg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here 2 years after, Adobe Connect STILL doesent work Linux.

You cannot share your screen in any way.

For teaching screen sharing is of course paramount. We've even bought VGA splitter cables so we could hook up a Windows computer for doing the screen sharing, but that solution is clumsy and unpractical.

So in the end we are using Google hangouts instead.

I'v writing this to save others the grief of investigating if things have changed the last 2 years.

Jacob Nordfalk

Danish Technical University

http://www.dtu.dk/Service/Telefonbog/Person?id=78778

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am likewise frustrated since using Connect is pretty much required at our university, but doesn't really work well (even when using Windows). I use a very old version of SeaMonkey in order to host meetings on my Linux box.  But next time I upgrade my OS, that ability will go away.  The other issue with Connect on Linux is that Flash is no longer really being updated for Linux.  So it will not be long before Connect depends on a version of Flash that Linux cannot run, and that will be it.  I have to wonder why, if Adobe wishes this program to stay relevant with all the competition that is out there, they do not continue to upgrade either Flash on Linux or Connect on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines