• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue - Adobe's ending of of Cloud Syncing seems to have damaged windows explorer for many

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many creative cloud users are reporting that in the past day windows explorer has become very slow with everyone experiencing the same problem.  Clicking on folders/files in file explorer causes the cursor to flash 3 times and takes 2-3 seconds to load the folder/file on any disk drive.

The posts below are starting to pop up in reddit help communities and the common factor is that everyone has Creative Cloud installed.  I am experiencing this myself on my work system.  Adobe needs to get an emergency fix put out for this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akdopd/windows_10_file_explorer_bug_loading_cursor/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akadgc/file_explorer_delayed_response/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1ak85h8/file_explorer_very_slow_clicking/

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024
Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ruchika.

I hope the fix will not only remove the slowdown in explorer, but also enabe us to delete that folder "Creative Cloud files personal account....." .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is "via DM" ?

By @StefanKlein

"DM" is "Direct Message". Click on Employee @Ruchika Wadhawan 's name, then click "Send Message"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see this problem on your machine, please navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe OS Extension and rename the file (if present) 'AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll' to 'temp_AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll'
Please upvote this comment if the problem gets resolved.

Regards,
Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this fixed the problem instantly for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can work normally again! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top, the update solved the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me.

I have to rename the file folder again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I read the latetst answer from Adobe again, I think the update is not rolled out for everyone. Only for the folks who send their Adobe IDs via DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunaetly doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 it does not work so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC there are no Creative Cloud updates after checking for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly, thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the version number of the CC App after the update? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm a bit confused about step 2:

"If you had renamed or changed the permissions of the above folder, kindly revert the changes. The folder name should be 'Adobe OS Extension' and the permissions of the folder should be in 'Allow' state."

1. Why would I have re-named the folder? The folder name is as it should be. 

2. As for permissions, should I be allowing "full control" to all groups and users of my pc? I'm not sure I'm doing this step correctly, as the problem persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem not solved here! Reverting to the hack for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick fix, worked for me, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to work for me. Granted I might have broke thing when playing with permissions i'm not sure, even if it's indeed in a allowed state now. So I renamed correctly the folder, close explorer and tried to update CC and then waited. But, the problem is still there for me. I also tried to remove the folder and then repair the installation of creative cloud first, thinking it would recreate a new fresh version of the adobe os extension folder but it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is fixed for me after going through your steps. I had not fiddled with the folder name or permissions but waited for the fix.

For those confused by steps 1 and 2: some tried fixing the issue themselves by renaming or changing permissions for the folder. Steps 1 and 2 likely are to double check everything is named and set as by default. If you did not touch the folder, just procees to step 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues, but this didn't work for me. When I 100% uninstalled Adobe my computer went back to normal. However the minute I reinstalled it, the issues started again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@roxannem89690116 

wait for the cc desktop app update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this fix hasn't seemed to work for me after following the steps. My PC Specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 22H2

OS Build 19045.3930

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't fix for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines