• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue - Adobe's ending of of Cloud Syncing seems to have damaged windows explorer for many

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many creative cloud users are reporting that in the past day windows explorer has become very slow with everyone experiencing the same problem.  Clicking on folders/files in file explorer causes the cursor to flash 3 times and takes 2-3 seconds to load the folder/file on any disk drive.

The posts below are starting to pop up in reddit help communities and the common factor is that everyone has Creative Cloud installed.  I am experiencing this myself on my work system.  Adobe needs to get an emergency fix put out for this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akdopd/windows_10_file_explorer_bug_loading_cursor/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akadgc/file_explorer_delayed_response/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1ak85h8/file_explorer_very_slow_clicking/

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024
Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. But I don´t want to try registry hacks or use other "explorers". So I´m waiting for the "official" fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein 

oh, i thought you already installed the update with the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, but as I already said, I still have that folder, which I cannot delete. So I need a fix for that problem. Only the speed problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein 

has cc sync folder stopped syncing?  (ie, your sync folder's been renamed etc?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has been renamed and sync stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein 

you'll probably need to edir your registry.  if that's done incorrectly, it can cause major problems so you should contact adobe support to see if they'll do it.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe finally tell us, how to delete that darn folder "Creative Cloud Files Personal Account.......", ? I don´t want to mess around in my registry, just because Adobe didn´t test, what´s going to happen, when Cloud sync was abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein @Daniel34591108lewl 

wait for the cc desktop app update roll-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made that update already a couple of days ago and the explorer sowdown was fixed. But no word about that darned folder. So we need a second update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein 

has it been reported?  (to the desktop bugs subforum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be a solution, but my folder isn´t the "Creative Cloud Files" folder. Its named "Creative Cloud Files Personal Account......."

So, could someone from Adobe finally tell me, wether this registry entry is working in this case? Is Adobe actually still reading? I mean, this is a major bug and we have to wait for days until we get an answer. And "no", I have not reported this in other forums here in community. But this thread is the one, where this desaster is being discussed. One should assume that Adobe is reading it constantly, not only once in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one from adobe is likely to be following this thread.  it's become to unwieldy to follow with some posters complaining about win file explorer performance and some about the cc folder (or  Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> - for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your folder´s name " "Creative Cloud Files Personal Account......." or "Creative Cloud Files" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be a solution, but my folder isn´t the "Creative Cloud Files" folder. Its named "Creative Cloud Files Personal Account......."

By @StefanKlein

I am also a volunteer who does not work for Adobe. Does this page help at all to explain the name change?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

"The Creative Cloud Files folder will no longer be hidden when you sign out of Creative Cloud. The folder will be renamed to Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> (for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID). You can rename the folder as you see fit. "

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am NOT able to rename that folder and cannot delete it. 

IS ANYONE FROM ADOBE STILL READING THIS THREAD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein 

mac:

copy any important file to another folder and then delete Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> (for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID).

default location, Mac HD/Users/<Username>/Creative Cloud Files

windows:

Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) & naviagate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace You'll probably have two sub-keys. OneDrive's sub-key will be nameed '{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}' Delete the other one, that will be Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius!!! Thanks my friend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein, if you are still facing issue and is not able to proceed forward. Please DM me and will help to resolve this for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The supposed creative cloud update was suppose to solve this problem, but it did not. However the changing of  'AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll' to 'temp_AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll' did resolve the issue.
But this is crazy and should not be happening in 2024. An app interferring with an OS function? Adobe has no business messing around with an OS that causes such issues, and MicroSoft has no 'business' in letting an app interfere with something like a file explorer - Again, it's 2024 - not the era of Win 3.1
The main issue is that no one expects an app to interfere in the manner that this has and as a consequence, as read in other comments and not suprised, how many people have spent hours troubleshooting the issue and gone to great lengths like even a complete re-install of the OS after exhausting other avenues. I for one was just about to haul out my box and disconnect a hard drive I recently installed - As that was the last option I could think of. Until I was lucky enough to find a internet search result(after many different rephrasings), that showed up Adobe being the cuplrit.
It's just insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this issue, after update the folder has disappeared but issue persists. ADobe please find a solution, this is seriously impacting my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixed issue by changing to temp_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manpreet35565869ce59 

you fixed this by changing what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines