• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue - Adobe's ending of of Cloud Syncing seems to have damaged windows explorer for many

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many creative cloud users are reporting that in the past day windows explorer has become very slow with everyone experiencing the same problem.  Clicking on folders/files in file explorer causes the cursor to flash 3 times and takes 2-3 seconds to load the folder/file on any disk drive.

The posts below are starting to pop up in reddit help communities and the common factor is that everyone has Creative Cloud installed.  I am experiencing this myself on my work system.  Adobe needs to get an emergency fix put out for this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akdopd/windows_10_file_explorer_bug_loading_cursor/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akadgc/file_explorer_delayed_response/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1ak85h8/file_explorer_very_slow_clicking/

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024
Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that too. I had a CC, OneDrive, and Dropbox key. Deleted all but Dropbox, but still having the same problem. I remember several years ago, there was an issue with CC (it might have even been Creative Suite back then) and Dropbox. I'm starting to wonder if this might be the cause again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have nothing else to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just INCREDIBLE... I spent days trying to fix this and reinstalled the whole system in the end. It drived me mad... This is so outrageos how much time I have lost because of this bs. Adobe should care less about its a.i. [cursing removed] and spend more time producing stable software instead of all the buginfested bs they dropped over the last years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paolod78753650 

this isn't meant as a fix for the problem, or meant to demean the problem, but you might consider an alternative (imo) far superior file browser that allows dual panes and multiple tabs, freecommander xe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I've been having this exact issue for months at my home computer and couldn't figure out what was the issue..

Only read about Adobe CC having anything to do with it now...
I did what they say in this reddit post and apparenlty is has fixed it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akm9zp/comment/kp90ehw/

But it would be nice if Adobe could give us an official fix. I have no idea if what I did following the reddit instructions can have any negative effect on the how the adobe software I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it would be nice if Adobe could give us an official fix.

By @gabi_vallu

See the reply marked "Correct" from employee @Ruchika Wadhawan 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-desktop-discussions/major-issue-adobe-s-ending-of-of-c...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines