• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue - Adobe's ending of of Cloud Syncing seems to have damaged windows explorer for many

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many creative cloud users are reporting that in the past day windows explorer has become very slow with everyone experiencing the same problem.  Clicking on folders/files in file explorer causes the cursor to flash 3 times and takes 2-3 seconds to load the folder/file on any disk drive.

The posts below are starting to pop up in reddit help communities and the common factor is that everyone has Creative Cloud installed.  I am experiencing this myself on my work system.  Adobe needs to get an emergency fix put out for this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akdopd/windows_10_file_explorer_bug_loading_cursor/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akadgc/file_explorer_delayed_response/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1ak85h8/file_explorer_very_slow_clicking/

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024
Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is undoubtedly NOT solved.

I have Creative Cloud 6.1.0.587, the latest available right now for Win10.

Browsing through Windows Explorer is painfully slow.

Solution: Rename the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe OS Extension\AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll to some other name.

After this, my Windows Explorer was fast again. It was instantaneous. No logout/login was needed.

I was getting so desperate, I started to think I had malware and was almost ready to reinstall the whole OS. Well, it's possible the malware part might not be entirely unfounded 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maximus.65 you are a lifesaver on this one for sure.

Like the rest that have posted here I was going around the bend on this considering have system reinstalled etc etc.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS FIX.

BB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bruceb60914094 

Happy to help. I found the solution on reddit, which had been reposted from someone else on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log file: AdobeLogs_20240207_104332_027-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to send the link to me too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Viki.Mellow Shared the meeting invite. Could you check your DM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here on all of our windows 10 machines. We updated some of them now to Windows 11 and the problem is way better than in windows 10 but still persists as every click in the explorer takes longer than on those machines that already had windows 11 before that bug appeared. Already uploaded my log via log collector.

WE NEED A FIX!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christianf56831941 Could you share the file name of the log file with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, had contact to the chat-support, they are denying the problem and telling me it is my system. (cursing removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...which was to be expected 😞

20240207_105547_104-win-GS.zxpd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my logfile:

Betriebsystemname Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Zusätzliche Betriebsystembeschreibung Nicht verfügbar
Betriebsystemhersteller Microsoft Corporation
Systemname MAMMON
Systemhersteller Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Systemmodell MS-7C91
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
System-SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Prozessor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor, 3401 MHz, 16 Kern(e), 32 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends International, LLC. A.B0, 25.08.2022
SMBIOS-Version 2.8
Version des eingebetteten Controllers 255.255
BIOS-Modus UEFI
BaseBoard-Hersteller Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard-Produkt MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91)
BaseBoard-Version 2.0
Plattformrolle Desktop
Sicherer Startzustand Ein
PCR7-Konfiguration Erweiterung zum Anzeigen erforderlich
Windows-Verzeichnis C:\Windows
Systemverzeichnis C:\Windows\system32
Startgerät \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Gebietsschema Deutschland
Hardwareabstraktionsebene Version = "10.0.19041.3636"
Benutzername MAMMON\Daniel
Zeitzone Mitteleuropäische Zeit
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 64,0 GB
Gesamter physischer Speicher 63,9 GB
Verfügbarer physischer Speicher 49,2 GB
Gesamter virtueller Speicher 73,4 GB
Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher 53,6 GB
Größe der Auslagerungsdatei 9,50 GB
Auslagerungsdatei C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel-DMA-Schutz Aus
Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit Nicht aktiviert
Unterstützung der Geräteverschlüsselung Erweiterung zum Anzeigen erforderlich
Hyper-V - VM-Monitormoduserweiterungen Ja
Hyper-V - SLAT-Erweiterungen (Second Level Address Translation) Ja
Hyper-V - Virtualisierung in Firmware aktiviert Nein
Hyper-V - Datenausführungsverhinderung Ja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log File: AdobeLogs_20240207_121659_788-win-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Extremely annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is horrible! It has been literally bloked my job for two weeks now! When it will be resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

depending on your issue, a fix is here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to all

this was recently posted by a user:

Solution: Disabling access to this folder using NTFS permissions solves the problem immediately:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe OS Extension\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now that is a great find! Thank you so much for that hack! Works and my mental health is restored for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel34591108lewl @Nelson3529259109m3 

great to hear (but the real thanks goes to the user who found that solution after a fair amount of sleuthing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me perfectly. Simply right click on "Adobe OS Extension" folder, and click "property"

After that, go to "security" -> "edit" -> check off all boxes under "deny" for Administrator (in my case) -> "ok"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait!! You should just rename the file folder. Because removing acces as administrator to the files was not a good idea since after that you can't delete or rename the folder. I just had a really hard time to regain access to the folder, and at first I freaked out a little because I thought I wasn't able to get the access back, since adding "administrator" back to the list of autorisations didn't work at all and i'm not 100% sure of what I did in the end that worked but i used the "system" user instead of admin to get the ownership back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denying access did not work, but changing the folder name did. Thank you for the fix. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to find corrupted files on my computer. Not once did I think it was Adobe causing the problem. 

Any way you could explain why changing the folder name fixes the lagging? I'm just so baffled right now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming essentially removes the folder for the bugged Adobe Cloud Service causing the problems, so it wont use that service then.

Restricting access to it on OS level as well, but thats just not as easy to do for the casual user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines