• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue - Adobe's ending of of Cloud Syncing seems to have damaged windows explorer for many

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many creative cloud users are reporting that in the past day windows explorer has become very slow with everyone experiencing the same problem.  Clicking on folders/files in file explorer causes the cursor to flash 3 times and takes 2-3 seconds to load the folder/file on any disk drive.

The posts below are starting to pop up in reddit help communities and the common factor is that everyone has Creative Cloud installed.  I am experiencing this myself on my work system.  Adobe needs to get an emergency fix put out for this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akdopd/windows_10_file_explorer_bug_loading_cursor/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akadgc/file_explorer_delayed_response/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1ak85h8/file_explorer_very_slow_clicking/

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024
Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me AFTER renaming the ......dll to temp...........dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not fix it for me.

Renaming AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll to AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll.defect fixed it for me though.

Probably breaks something else but screw this, shame on you Adobe for making me go waste hours of my only day off figuring out why my Windows was acting that way. I absolutely can not WAIT for a viable competitor.

Least you could have done was send us a warning/message that you know about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god thank you! I was trying to figure this out for days... I thought it was my PC. But no, this was the problem! Adobe please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CheebaTheHutt 

adobe has fixed the issue with a cc desktop update that's being rolled-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that took some troubleshooting, but the final suggestion of renaming the file to "temp_..." fixed it instantly without even restarting.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem for me - I was getting ready to re-install windows - Loosing my mind.. I got Zero help from Adobe chat-- I am circling back here for all the others who are loosing there minds -- rename that file with the temp_ >>> and it works instantly... Lost hours time trying to remedy this... Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 8 February it was working fine for me, as of today it's back to delays and the spinning blue wheel. Please fix this, it is impossible to work this way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for finding an answer, but I have the latest update in Windodws 10and can't find the file that you are suggesting gets renamed.  Any suggestions to help find it?

Thanks!

Doczippy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's in the same location where your sync folder used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for having post and shared this fix.  It fixed my issue 100% in 5 minutes. I was searching the source of this issue for weeks.

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like adobe fixed it... I went to do the fix below and found a new folder already there, above the one I renamed. The diff is that the explorer core file is no longer there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why folks renamed folders, was that part of a previous attempt to solve the issue. 
I have followed the steps and the issue is not resolved for me. The "Adobe OS Extension" was there, and not re-named.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The renaming was (still is) a quick workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files are in your folder? Are you running CC? If there is a file with explorer core in the name, try renaming it to .old and see what happens, but revert the folder name back to origin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team, today I fiddled around 5 hours to find out why my folders dont respond anymore. After a frustrating long time searching the web and Youtube for a possible solution, upgrading (reinstalling Windows while keeping my files) and trying out countless "fixes", I finally asked "answers.microsoft.com" for help. And the guy there pointed me to your fix.

My request to you: Couldn't you implement some kind of warning / message system into your  Creative Cloud app that warns the user that there might be an issue with the latest update? Then people wouldn't have to spend a whole workday with closing in deadlines to look for the issue and even renistalling their Computer. Thanks for taking this into consideration.

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience Very frustrating, extremely annoying and expensive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole mess should have legal consequences. The way this is dealt with is horrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Gilcher 

how could that be implemented?  ie, the latest update is supposed to fix the previous release's problem. 

and there's not a way to add a warning to the previous release, and in fact, that problematic release isn't likely to be available any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could even send a simple mail with a notice as soon as they became aware of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The creative cloud desktop app has a "home" where there are several "recommendations" etc. The moment Adobe gets notice of such a severe problem, they could add some kind of alert there. Or send a short E-Mail that Windows users might have some problem with whatever. Others manage to do that as well ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud Desktop app still doesn´t show any update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine neither, and there absolutely zero information if the app is checking for update for itself or only for the CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan, am I guessing right that you areliving in germany like I do?
Perhaps it's regional problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Germany.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatArrow 

good point.  (but you can bet some people would freak out and complain about the spam email from adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines